Author Topic: We've take the first step!  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
We've take the first step!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2004, 10:23:42 PM »
I would go for the morning as well.
We collected Lottie very late afternoon and had a 2 1/2 hour drive home, so we didnt get back until well into the evening. She settled fairly well, but it would have given her more time and our other dog to adjust if it had been earlier.
She was much more settled the next day, so try collect in the morning if possible.                    

Offline lorri

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2004, 11:03:16 PM »
Firstly congratulations!!! Oh Jarvis is only 5 months and allready im itching to add another one to our allready mad family.I didnt buy to much before we brought jarvis home ut spent hours and hours on all the differnt websites looking at stuff and down at the local pet shop. When he arrived i went a bit mad and bought alot of rubbish but Jarvis has now picked his favourite toys and treats. A little hint hide all your knickers Jarvis ran out to greet the window cleaner with a pair of very old grey ones :oops: wrapped around his neck.

You'll be counting the days hope to see pics when you get him home.

P.s We rubbed Jarvis new blanket on his mum and let her lie on it before we took him seemed to settle him.                    

Offline ellehcim

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2004, 05:04:59 PM »
hi rachel

Congratulations

i bet you are so excited, i am proud 'mum' to Ben who is now nearly 5 months and life with him is great !

I too live on the isle of wight, so give us a shout if you need any advice although i had to go all the way to Somerset to get him.

Life with a pup is hectic at first but it is so worth it, when they look at you with those adorable eyes.

Good luck,

Michelle and Ben                    
1st time cocker owner

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2004, 08:28:15 PM »
We had our first cuddles today :)  :)  :)

They were all sooo gorgeous, it was so difficult to chose, but we think we have decided on a dog rather than bitch, and will be going back to finally confirm in a week or two (and have lots more cuddles, of course :wink: )

I ws amazed at how the different personalities of the pups were evident at 4 weeks; even though they are struggling to stay on their feet at times, they were all so different in their behaviour and attitude to life.

I will post photos soon; in the mean time, can anyone give me tips on how to choose a name for 'pup'; its driving me and hubbie mad as we cant agree  :roll:

Thanks again for all the answers to my daft questions,  - I'm sure I'll have loads more :roll:                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2004, 08:42:24 PM »
Aaaww I bet it was soooo lovely seeing the little babies!

I think if you have'nt chose a name as yet it's probably best to wait till you get your puppy home, then you can see what sort of personality he has  :wink: with my youngest cocker she was Martha for 2 days, then Maddie for 3 days and I just could'nt put my finger on it but she looked like an Evie to me so I changed it again, luckily I did'nt confuse her! :roll:

I think some dogs suit certain names, Evie is quite a little madam and very cute and I think suits her name perfectly, whereas Molly is a pretty girl who is much quieter in nature, reminds me of a little old granny! but I love her so much!! :lol:

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline correna

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2004, 08:49:37 PM »
Hi, I picked my new baby up today, he is absolutely gorgeous. Luckily I picked a name a few weeks ago, so the breeder has been calling him by his name so he is used to it.
I do think if you can think of a name this is a really good idea.
You could try doing a search for dog names, or visit breeders web sites to see what they have called their dogs, it might give you some ideas

Correna & "Bailey" :)                    
Correna & Bailey

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2004, 09:05:55 PM »
The only thing about telling the breeder that you've chose a name is the confusion to the pup if you change your mind when you get it home!! :wink:

My friend's black cocker was definately going to be called Ebony until she got her home and decided that she looked like a Jasmine!! :roll:

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Becky

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2004, 04:54:37 PM »
Our pup is due in 2 weeks and we're calling him Ollie.  Like Correna, the breeder is starting to use his name before he comes to us.  We named both of our boys before we picked them up just because we liked the names (our other boy is DannY). By the way Correna, I think I might have seen your pup advertised on the Powerscourt website.  Is the mum Berry Rose?  If so, she's gorgeous and I'm sure your baby is too.  Hope all is going well with the new arrival.
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!