Author Topic: haircut????  (Read 1447 times)

Offline lorri

• Site Member
haircut????
« on: June 18, 2004, 09:57:50 PM »
Jarvis's hair is getting pretty wild even though he's still only 5 1/2 months. I was just wondering when they usually have their first trim?? I would ideally like to learn how to do it myself :?  or is that a bit ambitious of me??

Lorraine                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
haircut????
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 11:24:45 PM »
Hi Lorri,

My girl is 22 weeks and is booked in with my groomer next week as she favours a wooly bear :lol: She just needs a little tidy round the feet and rear, oh and her head ( she has a fab mohichan :roll: ) I think you can get videos and books on how to teach yourself I think quite a few on COL do it themselves 8)

I just prefer to send them to the groomers!

So maybe Jarvis is ready for a little tidy up too! :wink:

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Michele

• Site Member
haircut????
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 11:39:29 PM »
Hi Lorri,
I would suggest having Jarvis tidied up initially by either (if possible) his breeder, or a groomer in your area that can be recommended to you.
At 5 1/2 months he shouldn't have too much done as I shouldn't think his coat is ready to give yet, but he can still have feet, head & ears done so that he gets used to the routine  :D
Doing him yourself isn't too ambitious, but you will need to find someone to show you the basics. Good luck, and don't forget we're here to help with what might seem like silly questions  :D  :D                    

Offline Katina

• Site Member
    • Kennel Pretty Flower's
haircut????
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 08:23:53 AM »
I always groom mine at 3 months for the first time. Of course this is not "real grooming", I just tidy them up a bit (paws, face, ears, head).
I want to get them used to grooming from an early age :).                    
There's only one, -but that one is a lion

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
haircut????
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 08:53:03 AM »
I don't think it's too ambitious to try yourself.  Many COL members do it themselves and thoroughly enjoy it :wink:

I did as Michele said.  Lottie went to be groomed when her puppy coat needed stripping.  I'd done some myself but didn't feel confident to do certain areas such as her legs.  I sat and watched to try and pick up some tips :wink: Since then I have done her myself.  She may not be perfectly groomed but she looks tidy and she just loves me pampering her.

There are many tips on grooming and the tools needed on the grooming section.                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline lorri

• Site Member
haircut????
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 11:34:25 AM »
Could anyone recommend a good cocker groomer  i live in east kilbride south lanarkshire. I think i'll take him along and have a look and then maybe start attempting it myself :? poor thing god knows what he'll end up like. I was so glad to hear that theres other cockers out there with a mocihan!!! My son was convinced that when were in bed at night he was sneeking into the bathroom and using his gel!!!!! i brush Jarvis daily just to get him used it and he just sits making moaning noises abslouetly lovin it. Unfortunately the breeder we got him from lives in dundee a bit too far away.