Author Topic: The ball has started rolling!  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Sandie

• Site Member
    • http://
The ball has started rolling!
« on: May 29, 2004, 07:46:11 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Just letting you know that Aimee is on day three of her season, so the plans to mate her have begun. I still haven't quite made my mind up which stud dog to use, but as I have two in mind and they are owned by the same breeder, I will ask her advise when I get there. Both dogs are doing well in the show ring too so hopefully keep your fingers crossed that Aimee has some nice puppies.

I have started her on Vitamin E to help build a strong immune system in the puppies and have folic acid at the ready. I know Jane S will know the answer to the next questions  :D Can you overdose vitamin E? Should I just give vitamin E or wheatgerm oil as that also contains vitamin E? I have been advised by my breeder to use wheatgerm oil to prevent swimmers and another breeder uses pure vitamin e. Hense the questions :D

Thats all to say for now, I'm crossing the days off the calender towards M day :D Will keep you all posted on developments. I have a tough time ahead I know.

Thanks again for all the advise I was given in a previous thread.

Sandie                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 10:40:51 PM »

I have started her on Vitamin E to help build a strong immune system in the puppies and have folic acid at the ready. I know Jane S will know the answer to the next questions  :D Can you overdose vitamin E? Should I just give vitamin E or wheatgerm oil as that also contains vitamin E? I have been advised by my breeder to use wheatgerm oil to prevent swimmers and another breeder uses pure vitamin e

Hi Sandie

I've not heard of giving Vitamin E to the bitch to prevent swimmers although it is recommended for puppies with the condition. It's not something we've ever had in our litters but you might find this article useful for future reference, though hopefully you won't need it :http://siriusdog.com/health/swimmers.htm

I wouldn't give Vitamin E & Wheatgerm Oil - go for one or the other but not both (Wheatgerm Oil being high in Vitamin E). There's no need to give what is vitually the same supplement twice & there is a possible risk in over supplementing with Vit E as it's fat soluble.

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 10:40:55 PM »
Hi Sandie

OHHHHHHH Its starting to get all exciting isn't it :D   I don't know regarding over dosing but when i worked at the kennels we always gave to bitches Wheatgerm oil as the source of Vit E and never had any probs

HTH

And good luck with it all :P

Fingers crossed                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Sandie

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 01:22:51 AM »
Hi everyone,

For those that were interested in Aimee's developments, mating day arrived yesterday at day 16! I reckon she knew I wanted to mate her and she held out on me. Thank god for premate tests thats all I can say, even though it was 3rd time lucky!  :lol:

Keep your fingers crossed for the next five weeks until I can get her scanned. I hope she catches :-)

Bye for now,

Sandie, Aimee and Wesley xx                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 05:38:05 PM »
Clever Aimee and hope it was a successful mating.  :D                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!