Author Topic: Emma 1985 - 2001  (Read 1846 times)

Offline graciesmum

• Site Member
    • http://
Emma 1985 - 2001
« on: March 23, 2005, 04:24:53 PM »
Ive been staring at this section for quite a while now thinking about adding something.  She was my first baby girl, i was 11 when we had her, id been begging mum and dad since i could say the word dog to get her, then one day when i was 10 some danish friends got a pup to take back with them a little golden cocker spaniel, mum and dad were sold, we found an add in the evening mail for a litter, then we broke every rule going as she was the small quiet one up the corner mum looked fine and they had me in love with her so mum and dad let me take her home, i grew up with her i was 27 in 2001 when i finally had to let my first love go, emma was always a grumpy girl for a cocker, its these red heads you know my mum is the same  :P one day she looked a bit sad, she got worse so we took her to the vets, the prognosis wasnt good, at 16 we knew the phrase borrowed time was upon us, they suspected a tumour in her tummy, we had 2 choices let her slip away in pain or open her up risk the anasthetic and try and save her if it was operable, i chose to go for the operation, mum and dad took her to the vets, i said bye at home in our usual place with a cuddle, it really does break your heart when you can see they are in so much pain but you still get that little wag when you say their name a certain way, i knew in my heart when they left she wouldnt be coming home alive the telephone call still shook me to my bones, it came about 2 hours later, the vet told me it was all through her, i collapsed dad had to take over, i bought my baby home on a quiet november evening and laid her to rest, the love affair with the breed just beginning
Owned and loved by Gracie a blue roan

My Webshots
My Space