Author Topic: Hamish  (Read 6629 times)

Penel

Hamish
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2005, 10:43:54 PM »
Great stuff Shona, keep up the good work Hamish !

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Hamish
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2005, 04:53:19 PM »
Well I spoke to the vet today, and she's been in touch with the labs over the past week. They are convinced it's NOT thrombocytopaenia, and are saying it's a one off.

Blooming merry go round. It's good though, because now the vet is convinced it IS this, and that it's not possible to be a one off - she's done a good bit of research and talking, so she's pretty well up on it.

The upshot it - he's to get more tests done, as she's not happy with the fact it's a one off. He's to stay on pred, and we'll see.  :rolleyes:
He's still ok, happy, eating well, drinking fine, just the usual.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Penel

Hamish
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2005, 06:20:25 PM »
:blink:  how confusing for you all !  I hope they decide on something soon !!!

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
Hamish
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2005, 06:25:39 PM »
Shona this must be so worring for you, but he seems like a strong wee soul, and he's being well looked after. Hope you get good news soon. Jx

Offline Sprout's

• Site Member
    • http://
Hamish
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2005, 07:10:20 PM »
Shona,

I'm sorry to hear they can't give you a definite answer and poor Hamish is facing further tests. I'm pleased that he seems well in himself and hope he goes from strength to strength.

We are sending best wishes and lots of cocker cuddles for Hamish

Jane

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Hamish
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2005, 07:14:43 PM »
Awww, thanks everyone. I'm happy in that he's ok, but it makes me upset thinking he could be in pain, or unhappy, wee soul. He's such a great wee guy. It's getting to me not being sable to walk him too, he's so excited every time the door gets opened, bless him.

I just feel like a rotten dog mum at the moment, I suppose. I wouyldnt mind so much if we knew what it was and were working on a solution - things are just so sketchy though, but hopefully the tests will reveal something.

I appreciate all the support - you have all kept me sane, I swear!

Shona x ;)
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline lindsey

• Site Member
    • Soroden Cockers
Hamish
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2005, 07:18:35 PM »
You are a great dog mum and are doing everything you can for your little boy! Keep up the good work and give Hamish a big hug from me!
Lindsey, Sophie, Rosie, Molly, Gypsy, Aimee, Harry and Ellie

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Hamish
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2005, 07:50:36 PM »
Oh, Shona, you're the BEST mum Hamish could have just now, because you love him so much!

Do NOT beat yourself up about this. You are doing everything you can for him.

Do hope the tests give the vets something to work on.

:P

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Hamish
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2005, 08:03:09 PM »
Aw Shona - I do so feel for you, please don't be hard on yourself, Hamish could'nt have a nicer or more caring mum  ;)  :wub:

I'm sure the tests will eventually come up with something and I'm keeping everything crossed for you - so pleased to hear he is ok in himself  :)

Lots of love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline PennyB

Hamish
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2005, 12:13:42 AM »
Awww, thanks everyone. I'm happy in that he's ok, but it makes me upset thinking he could be in pain, or unhappy, wee soul. He's such a great wee guy. It's getting to me not being sable to walk him too, he's so excited every time the door gets opened, bless him.

I just feel like a rotten dog mum at the moment, I suppose. I wouyldnt mind so much if we knew what it was and were working on a solution - things are just so sketchy though, but hopefully the tests will reveal something.

I appreciate all the support - you have all kept me sane, I swear!

Shona x ;)
[snapback]123194[/snapback]

If he was in pain you'd know it, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think as pet owners we often see the slightest change in our pets that others can't see, but if we don't then am sure they're feeling OK in themselves anyway. I know how you feel as Wilf has always been a happy soul throughout his ordeal so much so you wouldn't know anything was ever wrong with him (the only times he ever complains are when he comes round from sedation and he howls his head off at the kennels at the vets so I usually get a pleading phone call to ask could I remove my dog from their care, and boy can he howl).
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Hamish
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2005, 08:27:18 AM »
I agree, you know your own dog Shona.  You would be in no doubt if he was in pain.  I notice it with Chloe which is why I can be so quick off the mark when she is ill.  With her, it is sometimes as subtle as a slight change in her routine.  I can take her to the vets when she is bounding around and know something is wrong!  It must be frustrating for you I know.  Whatever the results, the Pred seems to be working its magic :D   Thinking of you both as always.  Kisses from Chloe to Hamish.  Duck though Hamish, she is a real sloppy kisser!!! :D  :D
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

sweetie

Hamish
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2005, 08:31:18 AM »
aww hun,you are the best mommy in the world to your babies ;)
i really hope you get some answers to this frustrating problem soon,it must be driving you mad sweety,

lots of love and hugs to you all xxxxx