Author Topic: The Dunton 4  (Read 3940 times)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
The Dunton 4
« on: January 15, 2004, 04:14:58 PM »
Hello CockersOnliners

Having been an avid reader of CockersOnline for the past 7 months, I thought it really was time to participate and say hello.  Also, to say thank you to you all - you may not know it, but you have all helped me hugely since we welcomed our lovely black cocker spaniel puppy into our family.  Every time I had a question, CockersOnline seemed to have the answer!  Sometimes the timings were quite uncanny - I am sure some of you are able to read my mind (!!)  This really is a great site - friendly and full of good information.

Tilly is now nearly 9 months old and a great source of fun and pleasure for us.  She is our first cocker and for my husband and daughter (aged 8), their first dog.   I was brought up with Welsh Springers (3 at one time - madness!) and used to show them a little at local shows where we had more fun than we had wins!!  It is great to have a dog again after nearly 20 years in the wilderness... I will always have a soft spot for Welshies, but don't think it will be too disloyal to say that cockers are very special dogs indeed.

Thanks again for past and future help and advice!

Sue and the Dunton 3                    

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
The Dunton 4
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 04:19:27 PM »
You are very welcome Sue (and gang!)
Welcome aboard.

Hope you've got some piccies as we are hoping to get the new photo gallery up and running very soon!                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
The Dunton 4
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 04:54:17 PM »
Welcome Sue and the rest of the Dunton gang. :D

I look forward to seeing Tilly when the new photo board is up and running. I've just read of her first outing in her new trouser suit, now there's a photo I'd love to see. :lol:

Colin                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
The Dunton 4
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 05:16:23 PM »
Welome Sue and Tilly :D  My black boy Dallas wants to see what Tilly looks like in her trouser suit before he steps out in public in his :wink:  :lol:  Glad you enjoy the site                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
The Dunton 4
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 05:39:11 PM »
Welcome Sue and Tilly! :)

Glad to see you have enjoyed the site for so long :wink:  Its nice that you have started posting now :wink: I have a little blue girl Indie who is almost 9 months too.  Like the others have said can't wait to see the pictures of your little treasure :D                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
The Dunton 4
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 06:07:20 PM »
Hello Sue and gang, good to be able to welcome you :wink:

I have a 16 month old blue roan called Lottie. Tilly was a shortlisted name for us :wink: but Lottie won through on the ballot :roll:  :D

Mary & Lottie                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
The Dunton 4
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 06:27:37 PM »
What a lovely opening post Sue - welcome aboard, hope you have as much fun as the rest of us :lol: Dont forget to add your name to the Crufts headcount list if you can make it  :wink:                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
The Dunton 4
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 07:06:39 PM »
Hello Sue, Tilly & Family... :D

Glad the board has been of help to you...and glad you've decided to take the plunge and join in on our cocker madness  :wink:

Gilly & Buttons                    

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
The Dunton 4
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 09:24:28 PM »
Hi Sue & Family

Welcome to COL :)

No its not disloyal at all to the welshies to say that cockers are special, they're just special in a whole different way.  
I'm currently owned by Lace - 12yrs, Jessica - 4yrs, Laney - 3yrs, and Sasha - 6 yrs old Welshie.
Sasha's our 2nd welsh, and i must say you are brave people to have had 3 at one time....I bowe ( :?: ) in your presence :)

Torie & co x

PS - Sorry about the spelling :oops:                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
The Dunton 4
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 09:38:17 PM »
Welcome Sue & the Dunton 3 :) Looking forward to hearing more about your gang :wink:

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
The Dunton 4
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 10:15:07 PM »
Welcome onboard Sue & The Dunton 4

Dessie, Sebastian, Bart & Douglas (The Guernsey Crew)                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
The Dunton 4
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 09:34:54 AM »
Hello and a warm welcome to you all

Loraine  :)                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
The Dunton 4
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2004, 04:38:37 PM »
Hi Sue, Tilly and family
Welcome to COL and looking forward to seeing a picture of dear Tilly soon!                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
The Dunton 4
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2004, 09:34:20 AM »
Hello Sue and the gang - welcome to the site :D                    
Anita

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
The Dunton 4
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2004, 11:49:35 AM »
Thank you all for such a lovely warm welcome.  I should not have been too shy to register earlier, should I?  I must admit I was beginning to feel a bit like a stalker, as I felt I knew you all and your dogs so well, but you didn't know I was there!  

I took some pictures of Tilly in her tracksuit at the weekend, so will post them as soon as I can.  I think you will like them!!

Torie - yes, completely mad to have 3 welshies at the same time, but they were all lovely (aren't all gundogs?).  We even had a litter once from our oldest girl, Megan,  so we had 2 adult Welshies and 8 puppies in the house - completely bonkers, but also two of the best months of my life!  The second Welshie, Rosie, was nearly 2 at the time and the most brilliant "big sister" to the puppies that you could imagine.  She became playmate in chief and gave Meg a lot of help with puppy-rearing.  Lovely natured dogs.

Now, of course, I am also a cocker-convert!  I know from your posts that cockers are such friendly dogs.  I had at first thought we were particularly lucky to have such a friendly girl. (well, we are extremely lucky anyway, of course, but it is interesting to see this really is common to cockers. )

I'm looking forward to more cocker chat during 2004!