Author Topic: Prawn Cracker - what a laugh!  (Read 9613 times)

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
Prawn Cracker - what a laugh!
« on: May 27, 2006, 10:27:30 PM »
Ben has a poorly tum at the moment so when he found a prawn cracker on the floor (courtesy of messy daughter) I raced over to take it away.  He did the usual and picked it up really quick ..................... but then dropped it in amazement as it had obviously stuck to his tonge.  He then cocked his head right over and listened to it intently as it was popping  :005:  He was so cute that I let him have it.  This went on for 5 minutes (OK probably 2) until there was just a soggy cracker with no more popping!

The look on his face was priceless - please tell me they're not too bad for dogs as I've love to see him with one the next time we have chinese!!!!

Offline BrianBlackHat

• Site Member
Re: Prawn Cracker - what a laugh!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »
Excellent excuse for a chinese takeaway.

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 10:40:12 PM »
Hope they're not bad - my two get a prawn cracker each every time we have a take-away! They luuuuurve them!!
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 10:43:13 PM »
 :P :D
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 10:44:34 PM »
yea bella gets some everytime we have a chinese too and shes fit and healthy so I wouldnt worry about the odd one  :D
Yup same here Indie has them with no ill effect, she loves them :005:

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 10:51:39 PM »
That's good but I'll wait until he's better - just been out for a poo and although I couldn't see him, I could hear him  ph34r I'll be out with kitchen roll and disinfectant first thing poor little lad.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 10:53:25 PM »
That's good but I'll wait until he's better - just been out for a poo and although I couldn't see him, I could hear him  ph34r I'll be out with kitchen roll and disinfectant first thing poor little lad.

Oh dear Deb, poor little mite, hope his tum is better soon, you could try giving him a bit of natural yoghurt, that can sometimes help their tums settle a bit x

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 11:00:16 PM »
He's got the natural live yogurt in the fridge as he has a couple of spoonfuls now and again but not sure with his tum?  He's on antibiotics and tablets to sooth his intestines but only started today.  He's been on chicken and rice too which makes it nice and yellow as well as runny  ph34r

I'm thinking about starving him tomorrow but he only eats tablets hidden in cheese so I think I should pad it out with a bit of bland food.  Might try some yogurt tomorrow - thanks  ;)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 09:01:56 AM »
I don't see any harm in the odd prawn cracker, they'd only scavenge it or worse given half the chance ph34r. It's lilke all things - moderation counts. My boys get the occasional bit of chocolate - but it is only a tiny bit once a blue moon. If anything they have upsets them then don't give it again.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Rob6014

• Site Member
  • Corky Sherwood Forest
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 12:01:35 AM »
Now I am going to get into trouble from the diet police...  :police: We once gave our bitzer some fairy floss... You should have seen the look on his face - big bite, then it was gone! It was sooo funny!! Another bite, same effect. He just couldn't believe what was happening.  :005: Of course we let him eat the whole lot, laughing the whole time...  ph34r

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 12:23:03 PM »
He's got the natural live yogurt in the fridge as he has a couple of spoonfuls now and again but not sure with his tum?  He's on antibiotics and tablets to sooth his intestines but only started today.  He's been on chicken and rice too which makes it nice and yellow as well as runny  ph34r

I'm thinking about starving him tomorrow but he only eats tablets hidden in cheese so I think I should pad it out with a bit of bland food.  Might try some yogurt tomorrow - thanks  ;)

Debbie - how old is Ben?  I ask because I was advised to starve Paddy for a day when he was about four or five months old, did so and when I told the vet, I got a right telling off.  He said never to starve a puppy under six months old, even if they drink lots of water as their blood sugars and body minerals get out of kilter very easily and this can have (in extreme cases) severe implications for them.  He also said that he advises against starving them before they're a year old as they are still susceptible to this kind of imbalance.

I haven't tried any yet, but have ordered it for Paddy's colitis but I know a lot of people on here (Penel - were you one?) have recommended slippery elm for dodgy tums.

Denise

Offline AnnB

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 01:14:30 PM »
Just to carry on from DennyK, we have used Tree Bark for Bella after a minor bout of colitis and it worked a treat.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 09:35:27 PM »
we give Ben live goats yog (avail from sainsbury or tesco)  he can digest it even with a poorly tum and it seems to help.

Bens mum

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 10:21:18 PM »
Oh wow - slippery elm was a favourite of my late grandmothers! 

I've started intoducing his normal food today as his only bout of real runny stuff was on the way to vet (he knows the walk now!)  Last night's episode was was all noise and delivered in 4 places but fairly normal when I found it this morning  ;)  He also did the unthinkable this morning and ate his own poo  ph34r  I think he's been on chicken and rice too long and needs to get back to a normal diet.  Do they eat their own poo because they are lacking something in their food?  He is also still sneezing but fellow dog walkers have decided that it's not kennel cough at all?  Let hope the medication he's on does the trick soon  ;)