Author Topic: Names and their personalities  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Names and their personalities
« on: February 15, 2004, 08:58:31 PM »
KellyP posting on her new puppy's name has got me thinking :? , so here we go.....

Have any of you ever noticed that our beloved pets can sometimes take on the personalities off their names, heres an example.....

A few years ago i bred a lovely light blue who i decided to call Victor - mainly because he had very sharp teeth as a baby - 'Victor the vampire' :) .  
Well luckily he did grow out of this habit quite quickly :) but unfortunately he changed for the worse in the form that he was soon known to all as 'Victor Meldrew'  :shock:   Yes, you have proberly guessed, that boy could whitle and winge for Britain.  Thankfully he was lovely in nearly every other sense :D

One time when he was at Crufts i got talking to a lady who had her Mexican hairless in discover dogs.  We were laughing about Victor and she told me about her little bitch.  She had a beautiful mexican name that the owner thought meant 'beautiful flower' in mexican.  Well this said bitch was always really flirty whether she was in season or not and would always be rubbing herself up against any avaliable male.  The previous year the owner had met a Mexican visitor in discover dogs, and she happily informed her of the beautiful meaning of this bitch's name.  The visitor laughed loudly and then went on to inform her that it was in fact mexican for prostitute  :o  :lol:  :o

Have any of you noticed any of these kind of trends :?:  If so can you keep an eye/ear open reguarding then name 'Daisy'.  As this is what i plan to call my next pup.

Torie and Clan x                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 09:40:10 PM »
I'm not quite sure how Butty lives up to her name  :?  well Its Buttons really, although she hardly ever gets called that anymore  :roll:
You've got me thinking now Torie  :lol:  :lol:                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 09:46:14 PM »
:D Funny stories :lol:

My daughters chose Indies name, they wanted to call her "Indigo" but we compromised on Indie!  She is like a small Indiana Jones, always looking for treasures :lol:  you know socks, undies, hairbrush, anything thats not hers :roll:   Maybe I should start setting up some boobietraps :wink:  :lol:                    

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 09:49:55 PM »
:lol:
Good thread!
Pickle.....well, that's an easy one, he's always in a pickle! Whether it is falling over his ears, or getting tangled up in his lead, or getting stuck under my bed  :shock:  he's always in one!
Emma and Pickle xx                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 09:50:45 PM »
I'm not quite sure how Butty lives up to her name  :?  well Its Buttons really, although she hardly ever gets called that anymore  :roll:  

Gilly, if you mixed a bag of white and milk chocolate together then you end up with "Buttons" and she definately melts :lol:  :wink:  and is sweet like chocolate                    

Offline Tori

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2004, 09:57:50 PM »

Gilly, if you mixed a bag of white and milk chocolate together then you end up with "Buttons" and she definately melts :lol:  :wink:  and is sweet like chocolate

I agree :D  Ther was a song a couple of years ago called 'Sweet as Chocolate' and that is definatly 'Buttons' :P

Torie X                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 10:13:19 PM »
We chose the name Blue because 1. he is of course a blue roan and 2. because my hubby and son are evertonians!! :wink:

The only time really that i ever call him Blue now is when i'm on here! :?

He's now affectionately known to us as "Boo" which is much more suitable for him as he never fails to surprise us. :wink:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Tori

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 10:20:23 PM »

The only time really that i ever call him Blue now is when i'm on here! :?  

He's now affectionately known to us as \"Boo\" which is much more suitable for him as he never fails to surprise us. :wink:

See now this is another thing that i have noticed.
How many of us call our beloved ones their names that we chose for them :?:

In my case:

Laney is known as 'loodlebum' or 'laneybug'

Jessica is 'jessicaboo' or 'jessieferret' ( cos she looks like a ferret)

Lace is 'lacey' or 'shoelace'

Sasha is 'Sashabasher' or 'Boo'

My beautiful late great Maddie was always known as 'Puddleduck'

Torie X                    
Tori & Co x

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2004, 10:24:47 PM »
:lol:  :lol: Great names Torie

Indie is otherwise known as

IndiePops
IndiePie
Innie
Waggiewoowoo
Smuzzie
Tealeaf

As you can see she anwers to pretty much anything :lol:                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2004, 11:11:33 PM »

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2004, 11:34:57 PM »
we've got loads of names for Butty...even my kids call he them  :oops: they do actually sound better when they are "spoken" , well thats my excuse anyway  :wink:
SusssssssiCocker
Sussssibotsits
Missypippits
Buttyboobah
This list goes on and on  :shock:  so as I've embarrassed myself enough, I'll leave it at that  :lol:                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2004, 08:44:30 AM »
:lol:  :lol: Great names Torie

Indie is otherwise known as

IndiePops
IndiePie
Innie
Waggiewoowoo
Smuzzie
Tealeaf

As you can see she anwers to pretty much anything :lol:

We call our Indie Indie pops too, and Indie boy, etc.

He's living up to his Indiana Jones daredevil name, maybe there's some truth in this name thing! :lol:

Shona                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2004, 09:59:08 AM »
I have :

Frankie = Frank the plank
Ally = Do Lally Ally / bendy (cos she folds herself in half, wagging) /Ally G
Kacy = Jonesie (after Casey Jones, phew I'm old !)   :(
Georgia = Georgie / Porgie / Porgina/ Smell  :roll:
Lola = Lolly / Sluggy/ Lola bunnie/ bunzie
Chyna = Chynie / Chynesie / Chinky Chonk  :oops:
Roxie = Rocky
Ronnie = Ronnie Barker

I spect the last 2 will aquire more names, they are only 12 weeks old at the mo !
The behaviourists would just die wouldn't they ????  :shock:                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2004, 11:27:05 AM »
I still call Georgia 'GeorgiaBear'  But of course with my Lutonian accent it doesn't always sounds as if that's what I'm saying.  The other day this woman asked me 'What is your dog's name?'  She just couldn't work out what I was saying!  Then of course I had to go into the explanation of where the bear part came from because thankfully now that the puppy coat has gone she looks like a proper cocker!  I think she still thought I was mad...  :lol:

Loraine  :)                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2004, 05:12:38 PM »
Meg = Megamoo, Megley or when she needs a bath Skanky, Auntie Festa  :roll:

Neneh = Nayny noo, Noo Noo, Princess - cos she's haughty and only gives kisses when she wants to  :D

Otis 8)  = Oaty Toaty, Totes, Totally Oatally  :D

By the way, my lovely new white jacket arrived today, its got extra long sleeves that tie up round the back  :wink:  :lol: