Author Topic: Opportunistic Thief  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« on: February 15, 2004, 08:58:37 PM »
I've been sitting working at the PC for about half an hour and thought Morgan was asleep in the sitting room.  He wondered in a few minutes ago and lay down on the floor.  I got up to go to the kitchen and he got up and ran away - this is what he does if he's got something he knows he shouldn't have like a tea towel   :roll:  or a sock  :roll: .  I couldn't see anything so prized his mouth open - out popped a piece of shortbread!! :wink:  :?  

I went into the sittingroom where I found that Eric had left a big box of biscuits (plain, thankfully) on the floor - there are now only 3 left from a box that was opened yesterday  :shock:   He must have eaten about 10 biscuits - I'm sure he'll have a stomachache later - serves him right!!  I'm gobsmacked - he was so quiet, no wonder!  :roll:

Well seen he's back on top form!!                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 09:04:51 PM »
I don't know these cockers think that they are soo clever :)

My Jessica is only happy when there is something in her mouth, but she is also very sneaky.  The dead give away though is that she is a VERY licky dog, and i know that if she is not licking me then she got something.  Yesterday it was the my sisters engagment ring box, needless to say i took it straight from her and didn't tell my sister as Jess won't have seen her 5th birthday :shock:

Torie and the shame faced Jessica Boo x                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 09:44:23 PM »
Butty is going through i right phase of stealing things at the moment  :roll:  mostly my slippers, which is why i have to have 2 pairs...one pair on my feet whilst i'm looking for the other pair  :lol: . She is also bad for stealing socks, teddies off my daughters bed and anything else she can find lying around  :roll:                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 11:17:23 PM »

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 07:49:51 AM »
Dallas is a thief too but he only seems to have a radar for polos and chewing gum.  If you haven't seen him for about 5 mins, you can be sure hes found some and is feasting away. The tell tale minty breath gives him away every time :lol:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 08:41:02 AM »
Butty is going through i right phase of stealing things at the moment  :roll:  mostly my slippers, which is why i have to have 2 pairs...one pair on my feet whilst i'm looking for the other pair  :lol: . She is also bad for stealing socks, teddies off my daughters bed and anything else she can find lying around  :roll:

LOL! That's why I have two pairs of slippers too! He's always making off with one in his mouth!

Shona                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 11:34:11 AM »
It's taken me this long to work out that when cockers are quiet they are either up to something or have something they shouldn't...

Candy used to like socks but is into the remote control at the moment.  The Sky one is busted good and proper; have to resort to using my big toe to turn over the channels and now have a permanent dent in my toe!  The TV one is just about hanging in there.  

I seem to have to put things higher and higher but she still finds a way!  The other day she was on the piano  :shock:  trying to get a newspaper but then she couldn't get down again.  :roll:

Georgia is pretty good and just goes around with her mini basket ball in her mouth virtually all the time.  :)

Loraine  :)                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 09:57:10 PM »
Blue has had me thinking i was going crazy today.

i was making some blt sandwiches and i placed two pieces of bacon on a slice of bread, i turned around to get the tomato and when i turned back there was only one piece of bacon on the bread, :?  i immediatley thought that it must have been Blue, but when i looked down into those big innocent brown eyes,  :roll: i seriously didnt think that he would have taken it and came to the conclusion that i must have only done the one piece of bacon, anyway i went to the fridge to get another piece only to come back to an empty slice of bread and nooooooo sign of Blue!!!  :shock: I found him behind the kitchen door enjoying the "evidence" giving me a look that surely must have said "dont be mad mummy, be grateful that i left you the bread"!!! :lol:  :lol:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 10:22:13 PM »
:lol:   :lol:   I'm so glad that Morgan's not the only cheeky monkey around!                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline PennyB

Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 11:40:11 PM »
Aren't all cockers thieves. As soon as I drop anything I have to have lightening reflexes to pick it up or else Wilf or Ruby have run off with it! Failing that basically anything they can get their mouths round and remove is fair game to them. Am sure the cat, Ed is in collusion as he keeps jumping on the kitchen counter and 'accidentally' knocking things off so the other 2 can retrieve (thieve) them.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline MissyT

• Site Member
    • http://www.raph.org.au/bobbys_diary.htm
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 11:45:18 AM »
I have found Tia with a multiude of different things in her mouth but the most amazing one was our mobile phone, we have a modular lounge suite and she must have picked up from the corner module. I am just glad she didnt take it outside.

The worst thing I have found her with is an empty packet of pepermint chocolate that had been sitting on our kitchen table 1/2 hr before hand.  I am just relieved that she and my other dog didnt die of chocolate OD.  

Ya still gotta love em though.

Colleen                    
Life is so cruel so many dogs are euthanaised because people dont have their animals desexed.

Offline niv

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 12:17:15 PM »
when jamie was younger we was out off the house, he thought mmm what can i do sooo he ate  lease ten of my childrens eggs ,when we got home he was very very large as you would imagine he cried a lot and the only thing that would relieve it was vommiting,, sooo up stairs he went and promptly threw up under my sons bed it was not a pretty sight .so if you have eggs around the house dont leave them so that your dog can have a feast from niv xx                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 04:12:39 PM »
I have found Tia with a multiude of different things in her mouth but the most amazing one was our mobile phone, we have a modular lounge suite and she must have picked up from the corner module. I am just glad she didnt take it outside.  

Ya still gotta love em though.

Colleen

Blues had my mobile too, the only way i found it was when i rang it to see were it was, and you can imagine the fright he got!!!!  :shock:

It's still full of little teeth marks now! :lol:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Maria

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 05:41:44 PM »
I have been following this thread and chuckling at the antics some cockers get up to. And then this evening, after I had picked Chris up from the station, we wondered why Boysie wasn't behind the front door waiting, with his tail wagging. I ran into the kitchen and found that he had managed to open the cupboard door where his food is kept, knocked a tub of choc drops onto the floor so the lid fell off, and was having a lovely feast! He looked so indignant when I picked up the tub and tried to pick up what remained on the floor!
We'll now have to get a child lock for the door!                    

Offline Maria

• Site Member
Opportunistic Thief
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 05:42:23 PM »
I have been following this thread and chuckling at the antics some cockers get up to. And then this evening, after I had picked Chris up from the station, we wondered why Boysie wasn't behind the front door waiting, with his tail wagging. I ran into the kitchen and found that he had managed to open the cupboard door where his food is kept, knocked a tub of choc drops onto the floor so the lid fell off, and was having a lovely feast! He looked so indignant when I picked up the tub and tried to pick up what remained on the floor!
We'll now have to get a child lock for the door!