Author Topic: Worst Weekend In My Life......ever.  (Read 7962 times)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Worst Weekend In My Life......ever.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 09:12:27 AM »
Oh poor you. I feel so very sorry for you having to go through this.

I wish there was something we could do to help you.

You had to make this decision, and the breeder sounds fantastic. I do hope you will one day be in a position to own another cocker.

Give your son a big hug from us.

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 09:13:40 AM »
Ohhhhh Lou how heartbreaking to be in such a situation  :( (((hugs)))
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 09:19:15 AM »
Lou, you may have done this already, but have you taken advice from the citizens advice or a solicitor?  I mean I could understand  a landlord who you just rent off would have the upper hand, but it seems totally unjust and unfair if you actually own 50% of the property :blink:   If you furnish the place yourself I really can't see what difference it would make to the HA :unsure:

Take care x

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 09:38:30 AM »
This seems so unfair. I agree that it would be worth getting further advice if possible - I'd bet my life on it that others on the same shared housing scheme have dogs and don't inform the housing association. My brother had such a house, and he had a Great Dane!  :blink:

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2005, 09:59:07 AM »
Oh Lou i'm so sorry, i agree  with  what others have said, and take further advice from someone in the know.

Give your son a big cuddle from me. (((hugs)))
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2005, 10:28:04 AM »
Having Chloe and Holly I can only imagine how completely heartsick you must be giving up Bosco.  I feel so sorry for you.  I agree with everyone else, fight, go to people you haven't tried yet.  You never know.......
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Sass

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 10:34:42 AM »
Oh Lou, I'm so very sorry for you. Sending both you and your little boy my love xxxxxxx
Sass and Alfie xx

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2005, 12:41:28 PM »
Lou

Really don't know what to say - you both must be devastated   :(

My sister is in the same position as you, 50/50 ownership with the Housing Association in a flat, only she has a greyhound and has not told the Housing Association about this (she too is not allowed animals).  A few other people in the flats also own animals.

If I were you I would get Bosco back and just keep quiet - but I'm like that, a little rebellious.  Trouble is it's whether you're neighbours would keep quiet too.  OMG I really feel for you.

Give your little boy a hug from me, I can't imagine how he's feeling xxx
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2005, 01:14:14 PM »
What a nightmare for you, Lou.  I can't begin to imagine what you must be going through  :(

The fact that your agreement states that you must obtain permission before keeping pets means that there must be certain circumstances under which they would agree to you keeping a dog.  Have you asked them what you could do that would persuade them to change their minds - any conditions that you could agree to.  I think it would be a good idea to seek advice elsewhere, as Mike said.

I'm so glad that Bosco's breeder has been so supportive to you through all this.  Hope you find a solution.
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline PennyB

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2005, 01:15:33 PM »
This seems so unfair. I agree that it would be worth getting further advice if possible - I'd bet my life on it that others on the same shared housing scheme have dogs and don't inform the housing association. My brother had such a house, and he had a Great Dane!  :blink:
[snapback]106515[/snapback]

I agree and not only that a lot of housing associations allow pets as do councils in their rentals as long as you ask and they usually give you permission (I think some have  arule to ask for permission to make sure you don't overrun the house with cats and dogs as they have a limit). Its often only private rentals that refuse.

Odd that they say you have to ask permission if they're not going to give it. In this day and age I also think you're entitled to an explanation as well as to why.

So sorry to hear this it must be awful for you.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Sprout's

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2005, 01:24:07 PM »
o how unfair! you and your son must feel dreadful. poor Bosco. Thank goodness you had a supportive breeder but is there no way round this?  Will put my thinking cap on.

It seems such a ridiculous rule as you say you a part owner of the property.

I'm so sorry this has happened it  seems so harsh Bosco obviously had a very loving home  with you

I hope something can be done in the meanwhile sending hugs to all. Take care

scoobie

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2005, 01:30:52 PM »
Sorry to hear about this :( I can't even begin to imagine the heartache you and your little lad and bosco are going through :( keep strong Im sure you can find a way round this
hugs and kisses xxx

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2005, 01:33:32 PM »
Lou its worth talking to your breeder and asking that they don't rehome Bosco just yet.
Would hate for you to resolve this and he has been rehomed.
Bosco obviously wasn't an annoyance to your neighbours, you kept him under control and looked after him properly - can't see any reason they would refuse permission to keep him.
Can't get over the fact  that you part-own the house and have no say at all.
That is so unjust.

Take care
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline dreamcatcher

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2005, 01:37:41 PM »
How sad I also live in a H A H and so do loads of people I know and they all have animals my tenants handbook says MUST REQUEST WRITTEN PERMISSION BUT A PET IS UNLIKELY TO BE REFUSED IF YOU LIVE IN A HOUSE.sometimes I dont think it always pays to be honest .I agree with scoobys mum. take care a big hug from me and shiloh.
TANYA AND SHILOH

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2005, 02:03:07 PM »
Lou its worth talking to your breeder and asking that they don't rehome Bosco just yet.
Would hate for you to resolve this and he has been rehomed.
Bosco obviously wasn't an annoyance to your neighbours, you kept him under control and looked after him properly - can't see any reason they would refuse permission to keep him.
Can't get over the fact  that you part-own the house and have no say at all.
That is so unjust.

Take care
[snapback]106600[/snapback]

This is what I cant understand :(
I have looked at my agreement and as I have a house there is nothing to say I cant have pets. If I had bought a shared ownership in a block without a private garden then I can see why they may refuse permission. But you have a house AND garden.
I really would raise an objection to their decision as I really cant see what ground they have for refusel
Caroline and Alfie