Author Topic: advice re my unpleasant pheasant boy....  (Read 3457 times)

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
Re: advice re my unpleasant pheasant boy....
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 07:56:18 PM »
Daisy would have masacred it  ph34r  I have seen what she does to pigeons when she gets hold of them  :o :o  To be fair the cat had disabled it first but lets just say I didn't have to do much to finish it off by the time Daise had had a few minutes with it  :-\
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 07:58:07 PM »
As I see it, two good things have come out of Jarvis' encounter,
1. You now know that he is soft mouthed and not a biter. :angel:
2. That pheasant will be a really high bird on the next shoot.  :lol:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:  yep, it's a helluva lot lighter

btw thats a beautiful pic on your signature :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 08:05:14 PM »
Thankyou. :blink: well she is a cousin of Jarv so she would be photogenic wouldn't she?  :luv:
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »
Thankyou. :blink: well she is a cousin of Jarv so she would be photogenic wouldn't she?  :luv:

aww mr pheasant face says thanks for the compliment - he reckons fern may be a cousin, but she's a distant one...so floss may have some competiton! (sorry flozac!)
helen & jarvis x

Offline AnnB

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 10:46:12 AM »
A pheasant ...wow!!

Jarvis is now officially Bella's hero, (although they've never met!!) and she would like to start a fan club!

It is her life's ambition (all 8 months of it!) to catch something. Stalks anything that moves, chases anything - gets soaked in the process but has failed so far!

Of course that may have something to do with the fact that she hasn't mastered sneaking around without her microchip tag and I.D. tag jangling together!

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 12:10:55 PM »
Just caught up with this thread and have been told by Zak and Strider to let Jarvis know they are very impressed and he can join their pheasant hunt any time he likes :005: :005: :005:
They have kindly brought back rabbits, pheasants and even a squirrel. Strider has this very proud strutt that he does with his catch in his mouth, actually he even strutts round with Zaks catch, if he can get hold of it, pretending its his. :005: :005:
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 12:33:57 PM »
Just caught up with this thread and have been told by Zak and Strider to let Jarvis know they are very impressed and he can join their pheasant hunt any time he likes :005: :005: :005:
They have kindly brought back rabbits, pheasants and even a squirrel. Strider has this very proud strutt that he does with his catch in his mouth, actually he even strutts round with Zaks catch, if he can get hold of it, pretending its his. :005: :005:

ok the squirrel beats a pheasant hands down...we bow to zak and strider ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 12:41:15 PM »
Have to admit that one was Strider, but then he does have amazing tree climbing abilities, the squirrels expect him to stop at the bottom of the tree but he just keeps going.......  :005: :005: :005:
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 12:53:44 PM »
Strider has this very proud strutt that he does with his catch in his mouth, actually he even strutts round with Zaks catch, if he can get hold of it, pretending its his. :005: :005:

Daisy has that strutt too  ;)  She once found a dead squirrell on the way into the park and walked the whole way round with it in her mouth 'strutting' up to everyone to show them how clever she was to have caught a squirrell  :005: :005:  it was soooo cute and funny  :luv: :luv:  think she carried on doing it because all the regular dog walkers were telling her how clever she was  :005: :005:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 01:38:59 PM »
Paddy snaffled something the other day, lots of people laughing at him - dayglo green baby's dummy, being carried perfectly in his sweet little mush.

I know someone else posted that their dog had picked one up too with lots of unexplained smiles and laughs on the way to the park: thought at the time that it would make a great picture - now I've seen it for myself, it lives up to expectations.

His other trick: nowhere near as fancy as carrying a pheasan - is to catch a spider in the kitchen and then deliver it, live, to the living room floor.  Only problem - he's now started pouncing and eating it a few moments later!  He'd love to catch a bird though....can Paddy join Jarvis' fan club too??

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 01:43:07 PM »
Buddy ran miles around a field chasing a pair of geese the other day. I am certain they stayed low just to taunt him. Eventually they went over the canal so he ran past and dived into the river to get the other 4 geese who were still swimming peacefully.

He didn't go far, he realised he was no match for 4 geese, and they knew that too - didn't turn a feather! ;)

It was such fun to watch and Buddy so enjoyed it. Don't you wish you always had the camera with you, switched on and ready to go?

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 06:06:04 PM »
Just caught up with this thread.

I think Jarv did well 'cos he didn't kill his retreive, bless him I bet he thought he was soooo clever and he scared his Mum.

Floss is a bit upset about Jarv's liking for Fern but i have tried to explain to her that she is not the only choc&white in the world and Jarvis is not the only choccy boy (as we have seen on COL).

I didn't tell her that I think Fern is very pretty too. After all I am her mummy and i have to try to make her feel safe and wanted ;) ;)
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 07:55:17 PM »
Just caught up with this thread.

I think Jarv did well 'cos he didn't kill his retreive, bless him I bet he thought he was soooo clever and he scared his Mum.

Floss is a bit upset about Jarv's liking for Fern but i have tried to explain to her that she is not the only choc&white in the world and Jarvis is not the only choccy boy (as we have seen on COL).

I didn't tell her that I think Fern is very pretty too. After all I am her mummy and i have to try to make her feel safe and wanted ;) ;)

awww what a good mummy.... jarv says that floss did send him his first ever valentine so she is top dog in his eyes...and he knows he has massive competition for her attention, particularly after the saucy pose in the photo you posted nic...it's keeping him on his paws well and truly :luv: ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline no time for this

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 08:35:34 PM »

it ends up the bird (although feeling the cold because someone had relieved him of quite a few feathers) was ok with no bite wounds at all - just in a bit of shock and mightily pee'ed off - o.h released him 500 metres down the road in some nice pheasant cover away from mr. j. cocker.

just wanting some feedback from those who work their dogs - should i panic if i want to work jarvis and he's done this at 10 months?  does this make him a lousy pheasant dog?  does this make him a danger to all our feathered friends???  should i be a proud mama or a highly disturbed one? (veering towards highly disturbed...funny that...)

any clues col'ers?  :huh: :huh: :huh:

ps i know you'll be rofl when you read this sarahp  >:(

missed a free game pie!

Offline sharesy

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 08:35:52 PM »
Kalli caught her first bird yesterday, luckily it was dead and had been for some time UGH!! :005: :005: