Author Topic: Choosing a new puppy food  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Philtrum

• Site Member
    • www.PhilLawrencePhoto.co.uk
Re: Choosing a new puppy food
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 08:04:46 PM »
well I managed to get a sample of Arden Grange today, and a kind soul (who know who they are) is sorting me out with a burns sample .... so ... its taste test time !

odd because today he did not eat all of his lunch ... he must be ready for a change ....

that and he has trumped enough to fill a very stinky hot air balloon

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2007, 04:19:35 PM »
Philtrum

have you had him checked to see if it's actually colitis that he's suffering from?  A couple of the tell-tale signs:

(i)  if there is mucus on/in the poo;

(ii)  if there is any fresh bright red blood in any of the poo.

If you settle on Arden Grange, one of its advantages is that it's available from Waitrose too. 

I feed a raw diet because Paddy had colitis from ten weeks old, and it's sorted him out.  Whichever food you go for, check that it doesn't have artificial additives or preservatives in it.  Can make them a bit hyper and not good over time for their bodies.

Keep us posted.

Denise

Offline Philtrum

• Site Member
    • www.PhilLawrencePhoto.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2007, 04:36:02 PM »
Hi, thanks for that :)

I've checked and he is showing none of those signs ... I've checked his gums too and they are normal :)

he's as normal ,,, just runny now

thanks again
Phil

Offline tashasmum

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »
Tasha is about the same age as Charlie and also had problems with JWB and runny poo we took her to the vet and was told that she has an intolerance to turkey when we changed her to the lamb variety it was still the same after reading loads of threads on here I decided to change her to Burns and it's been brilliant, luckily we have a stockist around the corner from where we live but I can highly recommend it the stinky wind and runny poos have gone and Tasha is doing really well on it.  I am really glad that we made the decision to change foods.