Author Topic: belated hello  (Read 2119 times)

Offline dog2

• Site Member
belated hello
« on: April 22, 2004, 10:30:45 PM »
Didnt see this forum.Have already posted a few times and found everyone to be very helpful and friendly,thankyou all.I have one rescue dog,Benji.He was a dog with a mammoth weight problem and 2 years on we are still working on it.He weighed in at 5 stone as a 3 and a half year old unwanted pet.We were looking for a small lap type dog after losing our old rescue heinz who we adopted at age 10 and who passed away at 16 and a half,and ended up homing him as after seeing him we couldnt turn our backs.So had to read up about cockers..a bit of a crash course and still learning.He has shed a lot of weight and enjoys life.Going through a bit of a hectic patch(what do I mean..life is one big hectic patch)atm and finding his exercise routine taking up a lot of time.Also mum to 7 youngest 12(and autistic) and eldest 27.Other members of the family 1 daughter in law and a beautiful grandson of 4 months.Assorted girlfriends and 2 cats,Petal and Sebastian.Thats us folks!! :lol:Woops..forgot to mention my husband :oops:                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
belated hello
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 11:04:10 PM »
Welcome  :D

You also forgot to tell us YOUR name  :roll:  :D

Phew :roll:  what a busy busy life you lead, made me feel tired just reading about it  :lol:                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
belated hello
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 11:28:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum.....as Michele said you do lead a busy life   :shock: it's a credit to you what you are doing for Benji  :)  taking on any rescue dog can be hard work, and one with a weight problem to  :). I have 2 kids (8&5), a cocker and a hamster & a husband ( nearly forgot about him) I also work part-time and have various after school activities, you deserve a medal for raising 7 kids if you ask me  :lol:  I also have an Autistic niece who will be 12 this year  :wink:                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
belated hello
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 12:17:14 AM »
:D Hi there

Nice to see you on the forum!  7 kids :shock:  me thinks you should get a TV :wink:  :lol:   Only kidding, thats amazing though!  

I am mum to two (8+5) and 1 cocker, I don't work at the moment, apparently according to my hubbie i'm a lady of leasure :?  not sure whats so leisurely about, washing, cooking, cleaning, ironing and chaufering :?   Which is why I am looking to go back to work on a part time basis :wink:

Hope you enjoy the site :)

Edited to add... My 3 yr old nephew has recently been diagnosed with autism                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
belated hello
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 09:15:35 AM »
Hi Dog2, phew!! what a busy life you lead. Welcome to the forum.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
belated hello
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 10:28:52 AM »
Hi Dog2

No wonder your going through a "hectic patch"!! But here's an idea (my mum is the eldest of 16 so I do know a little about large families :wink: )  ........with such a large family, you could draw up a rota, giving each family member (excluding your lovely little grandson of couse )a chore to do each day, that way you will have so much more time not only for the family and the pets but most importantly for yourself - I do know having an  11 and 13 year old myself that this is easier said than done but  it sounds like you could do with a little help and tlc at the moment :wink:  :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
belated hello
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 11:50:59 AM »
I agree with everyone else, you must be so busy.
I find life hectic with my family.
I have a hubbie :) , Two children my son is 15 and my daughter is 13, 2 guinea pigs, fish and a labrador.....and in 6 weeks, hopefully, a little cocker.
I seem to have my hands full with that lot, not sure how you cope!!
 :)

Sheila :D                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
belated hello
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 04:16:50 PM »
Hi!! I know you from DP too I have three children, a rescue cocker Toby, an English Setter Millie, a cat and 2 rabbits. My eldest son has Aspergers Syndrome.
My life ie hectic enough so goodness knows what yours is like  :D                    

Offline dog2

• Site Member
belated hello
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 04:23:40 PM »
:D Hi everyone who replied to me,believe it or not have only just caught up with all your great replies.Thankyou.I have recently changed my job and have to work more hours and days but luckily my daughter is in the middle of her gcse's and keeps Benj company whilst revising and he gets an extra walk as she takes him out to relieve the stress and stretch her legs, sometimes she goes with a mate too.2 of my elder boys have come home for a few months and we are a bit chocca atm with one having to sleep with the younger boys and one having to sleep on a mattress on the frontroom floor :shock: And another lovely son and his wife have just told us there will be another grandchild along before Christmas. :D .We are in the middle of building an extension after which we have to go up in the roof and extend the frontroom,build a porch,knock down the wall between the bathroom and the loo,change all the windows and doors,rescue the front and back gardens from all the ravages of building,knocking down the brick shed and rebuilding it so we can see the view out the back,rebuild the staircase and get rid of all the assorted ceiling patterns all over the house..a very dusty job.So you can see we will be even busier for a while to come.After all the building work when there is just the decorating to be done i hope to be able to long term foster a small dog alongside Benj.By the way Padfoot,my son has aspergers too.Would be great to swap experiences as it would be very helpful for me especially if your son is older than mine.Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :Dp.s my name is Pam                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
belated hello
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 04:52:40 PM »
Hi Pam and your amazing gang!!

I thought I had my work cut out with 4 boys (16, 15,12, 4) two cockers and a cat!! :lol:

I'm not surprised your having a busy patch, my 16 old is doing his GCSE's too and is going through a spotty hormonal phase! :roll: sorry son.

I find a nice walk at the end of the day with my two cockers very therapeutic and relaxing :wink: especiallly in this warm weather, it's nice to read that there's other people going through different problems and stresses, we are all human!! :D

Hope to hear from you soon,

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline dog2

• Site Member
belated hello
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 11:15:10 AM »
hi lizzie,can i say good luck and best wishes to your son with his gcse,s.Tell him the spots dont last for ever and that means his skin will look younger longer(thats what my doctor told me :) )tell me about hormonal teenagers!! :shock:                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
belated hello
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 02:59:38 PM »
My son also has Asperger's Syndrome. He was diagnosed at the age of 6. He's 11 in four weeks. Makes life interesting at times :lol:                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
belated hello
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2004, 05:18:14 PM »
Thanks Pam For you good wishes, hope life's good for you at the minute!! :wink:

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline dog2

• Site Member
belated hello
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 03:51:36 PM »
Hi lizzie,hi everyone.Pammy thats 2 people on here who have sons with aspergers plus me.Never had anyone to talk to about it before.Your boy is nearer my boys age.Yes it does make life a little different.Love to talk to you about it sometime.Whereabouts on N.yorks are you as i have a son in Ripon there in the army?