Author Topic: Lazy Cocker.  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Lazy Cocker.
« on: April 28, 2004, 10:27:45 AM »
Jimmy turned 2 back in December and really seems to have calmed down (mostly). I haven't noticed it happening as it's been so gradual, but other people keep commenting on it. :D  

To be honest all he does is sleep all day now, neither Misty or myself can stir him into action for any length of time before he's sprawled out on his back again. :lol: He's as eager as ever to go on walks and as active as ever on them, so I don't think there's a problem.

Is this what Cockers do when they hit this age ? I must admit I'm slightly envious, he looks to have a great life. :lol:                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Lazy Cocker.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 11:21:14 AM »
hi colin,

Molly my blue roan was 2 in january and for many months before that she would sleep a heck of alot! She also like Jimmy loves walks (3 a day) eats well and is a very healthy happy girl i put the sleeping down to being very contented! :lol: But as soon as the bell goes she's up like a shot as nosy as ever, and now she has a little "sister" (14 weeks old Evie  :wink: ) to keep her on her toes, she hardly gets 5mins peace poor love!

Jimmy sounds like a happy normal cocker to me! :)

lizzy molly & evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Lazy Cocker.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 12:11:49 PM »
I would say that Buttons life consists of going for walks, eating (sometimes  :roll: ) and sleeping ALOT  :wink: so Jimmy sounds perfectly normal to me  :)                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Lazy Cocker.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 12:41:53 PM »
He's definatly normal Colin, loves his walks and loves his kip!  :wink:  :lol:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Lazy Cocker.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 01:56:43 PM »
Sounds like a normal cocker to me. My hubby usually say that he wants to reincarnate as a cocker. Go hunting in the autumn/winter and sleep for the rest of the year.  :roll:                    
Coruscant cockers and newfies
with homepage, now also in English.....

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Lazy Cocker.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 02:18:10 PM »
Phoebe is now 20 months old and I think she has definitely matured alot over the last few months. She seems to have come out of 'puppihood' completely now.

She sleeps alot too. As soon as we have left her or gone upstairs or sat down - away she goes to the land of nod. But once that lead rattles or we put our walking socks on she's ready for action :D .                    
Anita

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Lazy Cocker.
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 09:55:18 PM »
Morgan will be two on the 17th of May and has also calmed down a lot.  Nothing can compete with a good run but sleeping definately comes a close second.  It's a bit of a luxury at the moment though - he can't really relax with the constant threat of unprovoked attacks by Cooper
 :twisted: , who is of course, still mad as a hatter    :lol:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline jacquie

• Site Member
Lazy Cocker.
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 12:36:08 PM »
my cocker spaniel bitch is very lazy  :)                    

Offline Toohey

• Site Member
Lazy Cocker.
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 01:14:46 AM »
My Leo is three and a half and he loves his morning walk, but can quite happily spend the rest of the day sleeping. If another walk is offered he'll happily be first one out of the door however!
My 2 year old girl is the opposite. She goes non-stop and has invented games to play by herself which usually involve a ball and the pile of pillows on my bed. She is hilarious to watch. She buries the ball in the pillows and then nuzzles around looking for it, with various sound effects thrown in :)