Author Topic: Makes you feel good  (Read 1228 times)

Offline LauraT

• Site Member
Makes you feel good
« on: May 24, 2004, 01:05:18 PM »
Visited my parents at the weekend and Tia went loopy as usual when i arrived. She runs and grabs a toy (ball/chew/nylon bone etc) and then runs around with it in her mouth eyes screwed up, stubby tail and whole body wagging, making excited whimpering noises. When she eventually allows me to sit down she jumps on top of me and starts to lick my face. It makes you feel good especially if your a bit down.

I don't know how any body can be cruel to dogs or cats or any animal as far as i'm concerned it's just one step away from abusing children.                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Makes you feel good
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 02:27:59 PM »
I know what you mean. I can't even think about what some people do  :(  My dogs are like children to me in a way. They are members of the family. I can't imagine being without them, and certainly not harming them  :(                    

Offline LauraT

• Site Member
Makes you feel good
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 02:42:40 PM »
They give you so much love and ask for very little in return.                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Makes you feel good
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 02:56:51 PM »
There's always a soft little head wanting to stroked or a warm body to snuggle up too, my two little dogs are my friends and part of my family and I'll do anything to make them happy!

What upsets me though is that my dogs are treated better than some children out there in the world, they get love ,food ,treats, birthday pressie's even ! and some poor children have none of these , that does upset me :cry:

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline LauraT

• Site Member
Makes you feel good
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 03:34:23 PM »
Lizzy,

i know what you mean about some dogs being better treated than children. But when you see or read about people abusing animals, not just dogs, i think its not such a big leap for some sadist to abuse a child.                    

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Makes you feel good
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 03:40:06 PM »
Tia sounds just like billy He does exactly the same. It is so nice though. I know they say animals dont llike cuddles, but Billy loves them, he puts his head under my chin and will stay there for ages.

It does make you feel good, they are so so loving.

But yeah cruelty makes my blood boil. How can you be cruel to something so innocent?????????  :evil:  :evil:                    

Offline LauraT

• Site Member
Makes you feel good
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 03:57:31 PM »
I've had dogs in the past and loved them all and even though they're gone now Sally and Suzy will always have a place in my heart.  

I new Tia was on a par with them the day she sat in the middle of my lap after one of her loopy greetings and gazed up at me with those big dark eyes.

From that moment on she's been under my skin.                    

scoobie

Makes you feel good
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 04:00:52 PM »
Jan
scoobie does exactly the same as your Billy he sits on my lap and puts his head close to my chest I think he likes the sound of my heart beating :D and yes I agree with what everyone says about people who abuse animals they are sooooo SICK and we should do exactly the same to them what they do to those poor innocent animals :cry: I love my scoobs as much as I love my kids :wink:
Edith                    

Offline PennyB

Makes you feel good
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 09:26:04 AM »
Jan
scoobie does exactly the same as your Billy he sits on my lap and puts his head close to my chest I think he likes the sound of my heart beating :D and yes I agree with what everyone says about people who abuse animals they are sooooo SICK and we should do exactly the same to them what they do to those poor innocent animals :cry: I love my scoobs as much as I love my kids :wink:  
Edith

and those who just give them away on a whim when they get to a small hurdle. I always put my dogs and cats 1st in all my decisions (my 1st house was bought with a view to making sure the cats and dogs would be OK)—sad really, but then I took them on for life. I even missed my sisters wedding last November as I was trudging to and from the vets and couldn't leave Wilf as he'd just had a couple of ops (wasn't a question of just leaving him for a day as it was 5 hours travel each way!) and at the end of the day I didn't think he'd make it past Christmas. My brother in law thinks I'm the worst person on earth for doing that but my sister's an animal lover and knows she would've done the same.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

scoobie

Makes you feel good
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 09:55:23 AM »
Ahhh Penny I really understand where your'e coming from and all people on here as well :wink: like you say our pets are for life you stick with them through thick and thin, through hell and high water ..need I go on?                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Makes you feel good
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 10:13:03 AM »
Ahhh Penny I really understand where your'e coming from and all people on here as well :wink: like you say our pets are for life you stick with them through thick and thin, through hell and high water ..need I go on?

Absolutely agree with everything, Indie has not even been a part of our family for a full year yet, but, I can't remember being without her, nor do I wanna imagine what it would be like without her now.  She keeps me on my toes, shes loving, loyal, caring and I would trust her with my life :)