Author Topic: Getting my puppy on Saturday  (Read 5236 times)

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
Getting my puppy on Saturday
« on: June 02, 2004, 03:06:53 PM »
:D Hi - lovely to be here!  Just joined up having been recommended this site by my breeder down in Deanshanger.  Collecting our first ever puppy - a beautiful black male called Woody - on Saturday and very excited.  Looking forward to logging on and picking up advice and news.                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 03:16:10 PM »
Hi Jo! :D

Welocme to COL!!

You sound very excited, can't wait to see little Woody!

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 03:18:41 PM »
Hi Lizzy!  Lovely to have a reply!  I take it that Molly and Evie are your babies?!

Am SO excited about Woody you wouldn't believe!  Have been planning to get a dog for a couple of years but the time was never quite right.  I gave up work and now we have a new house with plenty of room, it's definitely time!  Just need to break it to our two cats, Poppy and Pepper, that they have a brother joining them ....!!  How old are your two?  What's your golden tip for having a happy Cocker?                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 03:57:40 PM »
Am SO excited about Woody you wouldn't believe!  

Yeah we would  :lol:  Welcome to the forum Jo  :D                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 04:20:28 PM »
Hello again!

Yes Molly is my blue roan, she's two and a half and Evie is my choc and tan who's 19 weeks and a real little handful! I also have a ginger tom called Tigger.

I would'nt worry to much about introducing your cats to  Woody, if you are going to crate train Woody you could let them meet him whilst he's in his crate , so they can see him and get the cut of his jib! The cats will soon put him in his place! :wink: But until the cats are used to him don't leave them alone as cats can do damage to little eyes :evil:

As regards to how to have a happy cocker I'm sure you'll do everything you can so that Woody grows into a gorgeous litttle chap, all I can say is that be consistant with him, take him to a good training class , let him meet all sorts of different people, animals , traffic, noises etc ( from day one) and give him all the love in the world and he will repay you a million times over! 8)  :D  

If you need any advice there's lots of friendly people on  COL to help!!!

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 04:25:24 PM »
Hi Jo, Welcome.
You are just up the road from me :)

Good luck with woody, I might see you around. We sometimes walk our dogs in Warley Woods.

Tracey.                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 04:53:06 PM »
 Hi Joe wecome to col I,m nan to a beautiful blue roan girl Indie.

I love the name, hubby and son have always been called Woody, as a nickname.

Only three more sleepstill your little one comes home.                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »
Well I'm not getting much sleep at the moment because I'm too excited!

Yes Lizzy we are crate training him - taking advice of our breeder with this one and will let the cats and Woody find their own way with gentle supervision.  Also allowing the cats full run of the house (and our bed) and keeping Woody downstairs.  Hopefully things won't be too frantic!

Tracey - we may very well meet up!  We're doing "dogless" walks at the moment to check out the area as we only moved to Birmingham last October - but having a dog should be a good way of helping to make new friends!  As soon as Woody can be walked (we've been advised not to walk him too far for the first six months) we'll be out there!  But until he's big enough, we'll take him to Cannon Hill Park to play ball and meet the ducks!  

Thanks for the warm welcome to the Forum everyone!!!   8)                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline shaz

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 06:36:20 PM »
welcome to col jo,

you will find that there is always someone that knows the answer to questions you may have on here,  can not wait to see a pic of your woody i have 3 cockers a blackand white and two blue roans one of which is only 14 weeks old.

sharon x flo x mellow x and harley.                    
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 07:07:19 PM »
Welcome to COL Jo and Woody

We have a one year old blue roan called Piper.  We also have three cats, Lillie, William and Tickles and despite their initial disgust in having a doggie sister, they all get on just fine now (well kind of..... :wink: )                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 07:21:58 PM »
Hi Jo and Woody (nearly)

Welcome to the forum, how exciting for you :D  no wonder you can't sleep :wink:   I am mum to Indie 13 month old blue roan girl, she is my first cocker, absolutely gorgeous breed in every scence, they are funny and loyal and loving, oh and wizzie :lol:   she won't be my last cocker thats for sure :wink:

Enjoy Woody, and I hope to see his picture very soon 8)   Your breeder has advised you well about not walking too far, we were very cautious about this with Indie :)                    

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 07:27:48 PM »
I can't get over how many replies have had!  What a friendly bunch you all are!!  Will take some pictures of Woody over the weekend and attempt to put them on this site.

We are very lucky to have such a great breeder - she rang today to ensure that she knew exactly which puppy Woody was because another couple are coming for their black male puppy on the same morning.  I thought that was really kind of her.  She agreed that we've chosen the most beautiful dog in the litter!  

Enjoying our last evenings of freedom by going to see Harry Potter tonight - can't see us getting out for quite a few weeks to come!                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 08:44:07 PM »
Jo

Welcome to COL  :D

I have two cocker's - Blue who is a 15 month old blue roan and we have Bailey a 10 week old black and tan.

I'm looking forward to lots of piccies of woody  :D

Enjoy your little treasure Jo, he'll be with you before you know it! :wink:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Andrea L

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 08:48:45 PM »
hi
wrlcome to COL.They're a geat bunch here.Loads of great advice.
i got my first cocker yesterday, a blue roan clled Silas,so we can ask loads of 'daft' :roll: questions together!! :D                    
lots of woofs n' licks,
Andrea, Silas and Marley

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2004, 09:08:56 AM »
Hi Andrea!

We've got more common than you might think!  I was brought up in Devon - Exeter - and so know Plymouth well!  

How is Silas fitting in?  How are you coping?  How did your first night go?  So many questions!!  Let me know how it's all going and if there's anything you can recommend that I do or don't do for Woody!

Jo xxx                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner