Author Topic: Formal introductions  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Formal introductions
« on: June 03, 2004, 09:54:06 PM »
HI!

I have already met a few of you as you have very kindly replied to my first forays into the world of cocker spaniels  - many thanks :!:

Now that I am 'expecting' a cocker pup, and hope to become a member of this wonderful online community, I thought that I ought to introduce myself properly.

I live with hubbie and daughter (3 1/2 yrs old) on the 'Garden Isle' off the south coast of the UK.

Both hubbie and I have experience of dogs - from the age of 13 I volunteered in RSPCA kennels, worked in vet surgeries and basically did everything animally  :) ; hubbie has a dog of his own through childhood, and we rehomed a rescue GSD x, Sheba, together 7 years ago, who we shared 18 wonderful months with before she had to be PTS due to medical problems caused by previous neglect  :(

Our living and employment circumstances have made sharing our lives with a dog unfair until recently, but as we both feel 'incomplete' without at least four paws in the house we took advantage of a change in lifestyle to take the plunge. After a great deal of research, not least in the CockersOnline pages we decided that a Cocker was the dog for us; having met several during our search, we have fallen in love completely.

So in 2 months time, we will be joined by a blue roan whirlwind of 10 weeks old.

I look forward to chatting with, learning from and getting to known you all  :)

Tara for now                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline shaz

• Site Member
Formal introductions
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »
welcome to col ,

you must be counting the days to your new arrival, you must post photos when you get your pup,we will be all dying to see by then, is it a dog or bitch and have you chosen a name yet,

i have 3 cockers 2 1/2 year old mellow (blue roan),  13 month old flo (black and white) and 15 week old harley (blue roan),  all the most lovable cockers you will ever meet, but we will all say that .                    
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

scoobie

Formal introductions
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 09:33:13 AM »
Hallo and welcome to COL and  Rachel what a lovely introduction I feel as if I know you already :D  :D  :D I have a blue roan scoobie he's the best :wink: bet you can't wait for your new puppy ahh have you thought of any names?
Edith and scoobie                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Formal introductions
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 11:03:33 AM »
Hello Rachel welcome to COL.  So glad that you have a pup reserved - fantastic news.  All these new puppies - it is so exciting.  I am owned by Brogan - he's the orange roan on my avatar.  I have 3 children aged 10, 8 and 4 1/2  and I am waiting for my new pup to come home soon. :lol:  Never did like sitting down much :!:  :wink:                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Formal introductions
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 12:09:33 PM »
Hi Rachel and welcome to COL

We have a one year old blue roan called Piper who is gorgeous.  Looking forward to seeing photos of the little one - when you have picked him/her!                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Formal introductions
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 04:20:33 PM »
Welcome to COL :D

Would love to see photos of your pup.
Have you decided on a name yet?                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Formal introductions
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 08:11:42 PM »

Hi Rachel

So sorry about Sheba, although she was with you only a short time it sounds as if it was then she was at her happiest.

Your new puppy sounds gorgeous! have you decided on a dog or a bitch yet and do you have a name? Looking at your avatar he/she will certainly have a beautiful place to grow up in :wink:  I have a blue roan too, his name is Blue and he is just the most loving gentle dog I've ever known, he's being picked on at the moment by his new baby brother Bailey, a black and tan, he's only 10 weeks old and a little bundle of trouble!                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
Formal introductions
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 10:12:39 PM »
Hi Rachel!  Nice to have you with us!  I'm very new to COL too but have found it to be a great place to make new friends and find support.  

I've almost owned a Cocker for a whole day now and the waiting is definitely worth it!!   :D Do let us know your news - especially when you've visited the litter and you know which one you'd like!!

Keep in touch!                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline bunny

• Site Member
Formal introductions
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004, 03:03:05 PM »
hi, i am a new member and i already have a blue roan, called elmo he is 9 months old, and like you am excitedly waiting( for an orange roan,) who was born on the 16th, a long wait though, i still have roughly six weeks to go, i have grown up to with dogs german shepherds, boxers, and irish red setters, but waited and had a family first, before getting a dog of my own, my first choice was the cocker and i have not lived to regret it either, they are kind, loving, adorable, they become your world as much as you are theirs, i hope you enjoy the group and we can chat soon
love bunny and elmo
xxx          woof woof