Author Topic: hi we are new members  (Read 1960 times)

Offline bunny

• Site Member
hi we are new members
« on: June 15, 2004, 11:01:25 PM »
i got my first cocker after waiting years, elmo arrived on the 16th september 03, and we took him home late november, i couldnt contain my excitement, i am now waiting to take eddie home, our second baby, and i am the same, excited, and not sleeping, through the wonders of modern tech. i managed to see eddie through the screen of my computer, for the first time tonight and he looks gorgeous, elmo is clever, yet silly, and always makes me laugh, :D there are times when i am struck dumb :shock: by his antics, and there are the times when ...well.. :roll: anyway i would like to chat to other owners and their babies, share the laughs, and the problems, we have already had elmo at the vets and it cost quite a lot of money perhaps someone has some tips etc that could help at times like that, just to make some friends.
love bunny and elmo
xx        woof                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
hi we are new members
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 07:13:58 AM »
Hello Bunny and Elmo! :D

Welcome to COL, Elmo sounds like a lovely chap, what colour is he?

My friend has a miniture schnauzer called Eddie and he is very cheeky! :wink: I bet you can't wait for his arrival, try and gets lots of rest until he does! :lol:  :lol:  Look forward to hearing about Elmo and Eddie.

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
hi we are new members
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 09:13:44 AM »
Hi Bunny welcome to the forum  :D

If you havent already, you should consider pet insurance to help with the vets costs, or an alternative which some of our members do is to put some money each week into a doggy fund, to be used when necessary :wink:                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
hi we are new members
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 12:39:53 PM »
Hello Bunny and welcome to COL  :D

Looking forward to seeing piccies of  both doggies.

I have a one year old blue roan called Piper.

Louise                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
hi we are new members
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 04:57:41 PM »
Bunny, Elmo and Eddie

Welcome to COL  :D

Would love to see some piccies of your boys :wink:                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
hi we are new members
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 06:54:06 PM »
Hi Bunny and Elmo, i just love your boys name.   :D Welcome to col.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
hi we are new members
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 09:28:12 PM »
Hi Bunny and Co.

welcome to COL, it's nice to 'meet' you.
Lets see some piccies of your babies !! :D :D

Kel                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
hi we are new members
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 09:56:38 PM »
Hi, welcome to COL.  I've not long joined, but I love it.  Everyone's so friendly and they're all Cocker mad too.  Brilliant!
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
hi we are new members
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 01:29:25 PM »
WELCOME TO COL :D

Please post some photos if you can, would love to see your boys                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
hi we are new members
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2004, 02:31:52 PM »
Hi Bunny,

Welcome to COL  :D

Sue and Tilly                    

Offline bunny

• Site Member
hi we are new members
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 07:07:08 PM »
Thank you to everyone for their kind welcome, i really appreciate it, it was a nice surprise to find so many had answered, elmo is feeling a lot better, he had a swollen bone and soft tissue, which has been helped by antiinflammatorys and pain killers, i have noted with interest the idea of saving in a jar per week, and also the insurance, elmo is a blue roan and his little friend that was born a few days ago is a orange roan, the breeder is letting me go to see him on tuesday, so i will let you all know how that goes, elmo is 9 months old now, his favourite thing is licking at ears, he has a real thing for that does anybody else's, we originally looked at a little black and white pup that we were to call eddie, but thats all changed, but the orange roan will be from the same breeder, can anyone tell me how to post pics as i dont know and i would love to show them of to you all, as i think they are gorgeous and i have a pic of them at one day old (and older ones with elmo).
Bunny and elmo xx woof                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
hi we are new members
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 07:49:06 PM »
Welcome Bunny and Elmo (nice name by the way) :D                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Laura

• Site Member
hi we are new members
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 12:04:37 PM »
Hello Bunny and Elmo - welcome to COL as you have already experienced it is a wonderful site for us cocker mad folk!  Glad to see someone as daft as myself that obviously doesn't like sitting down much :lol:  Brogan on my avatar is my first cocker and is 11 months in a couple of days - we have our new puppy coming home on Tuesday - 3 days time :!:  :D  Bailey is our latest addition - he is the choc/liver roan in the puppy gallery!!  Can't wait to see some of your pics.                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline bunny

• Site Member
hi we are new members
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2004, 02:44:18 PM »
just to let everyone know i have managed to post some pics of elmo as a pup in the gallery, i hope to post more of him with more recent pics, soon also i have one i will pop in of eddie, we are having second thoughts on the name now we still have a six week wait till he comes home, has anyone any unusual names ideas( please)he is a orange roan. i still have to sort out the profile but i am getting there
love bunny and elmo
xx                     woof