Author Topic: Hi....  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Tammy

• Site Member
Hi....
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 01:00:11 PM »
Hi

Would love to meet up for North West Walk.

Sad news is that I think JJ is going to have to be re-homed :cry:  :cry: .   As I mentioned earlier I have been keeping in touch with Cocker Rescue and we think we have given it enough time, if there had only been a slight improvement then it would have given us something to work on, but it seems to be getting worse each day. I have to keep them apart and when we try to put them together (even on neutral ground) they are at each other straight away  :(

It goes against all my beliefs but I have to think of JJ and Bosley.

We think we may have found a home, I 'm going to meet them this weekend to suss them out so to speak.... I will be soooooo upset, it's amazing how attached you get so quickly. We have had JJ for over a month now and I just cannot put either dog threw it any longer...

I'm trying to make myself feel better by telling myself that at least he won't leave here with nothing, he's house trained now and he's not chewing anything he shouldn't, he's also learnt a few key words which helps a great deal.

XXX

:cry:  :(  :cry:  :(  :cry:  :(  :cry:  :(  :cry:                    

Tammy, Dave & our lovely little fella, Bosley

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Hi....
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2004, 01:16:08 PM »
Sorry to hear this Tammy but you have made the right decision - dogs that feel they have to fight all the time are not happy dogs & I'm sure JJ will thrive in a new home, thanks to the good start you have given him. Don't feel guilty - you have done your best but it was sadly not meant to be.

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Hi....
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2004, 01:26:55 PM »
I agree, don't beat yourself up over this Tammy.  I appreciate this will be very hard for you but I'm sure you'll make sure that JJ only goes to a loving home.  Both Bosley and JJ are going to be much happier for the seperation that's for sure :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Hi....
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2004, 01:34:22 PM »
Tammy,

A really hard decision for you I am sure :cry: but you are thinking of what is best for both dogs. Why don't you think of the time that JJ spent with you as foster care?? you managed to teach him the basics so that he can then go on to his forever home :D

Michelle                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Hi....
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2004, 02:02:01 PM »
Youve definatly made the right decision Tammy, if they were going to get along, i think you would have seen some progress by now.

Good luck to JJ in his new forever home.  :D I'm sure with the help and training you gave him, he will settle down realy quickly.

Hope to see you and Bosley on the North West walk.  :wink:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Tammy

• Site Member
Hi....
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2004, 02:30:11 PM »
Many thanks for your replies.. It's nice to know you agree, makes me feel even more that I have made the right decision..... It can be very difficult, especially as they cannot tell you how they feel  :(

I will keep you all posted...

Thanks again for your kind messages.

xxx                    

Tammy, Dave & our lovely little fella, Bosley

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Hi....
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2004, 02:43:45 PM »
Hi Tammy,

I really feel for you, I know how much you wanted it to work out, but you tried your best for JJ and I'm sure he'll end up with a lovely new home, don't be to hard on yourself.

Take care , Lizzy Molly and Evie :D                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Hi....
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2004, 05:11:21 PM »
You've had to make a very hard decision, but it definitely is the right one for the dogs.

It sounds as though you have made lots of progress with JJ and he will settle into a new home very quickly.

A very brave decision, well done.                    

Offline Jaljen

• Site Member
Hi....
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2004, 03:15:54 PM »
It's essential that the top dog retains/reinforces his place in the hierarchy. If you intervene on behalf of the underdog it makes things worse. Top dog will have to redress the balance and the underdog will suffer more!

My small boy and older girl play quite aggressively. She pulls his ears, lips, jowls and is very noisy. When we got him as a pup she bit him sharply many times.

They play to their own rules. Don't worry. You have to leave it to them.  :)                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Hi....
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2004, 06:22:16 PM »
Welcome to COL Tammy and I do hope you can get your two boys sorted out eventually. :D                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!