Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3273 times)

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
« on: July 02, 2004, 05:37:10 PM »
Hi

My name is Wendy I have recently found this site and it has been my saviour.  We lost our dear golden cocker spaniel nearly three weeks ago, I am totally devastated.  We only had Benji for 5 years, we rescused him and his mate Sam (a Golden Retriever) from Wood Green, we lost Sam in November and now we have lost Benji they were both 13.  It has been my birthday today and all I want is my Benji back.  I have been looking at all the pictures of the cocker spaniels - it's really cheered me up.   We are going to get another cocker - a puppy, he was born last week so it going to be a long long wait - How do you cope with the wait?  Our house is so empty and lifeless.                    
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 05:43:03 PM »
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
Losing both dogs just months apart must be very difficult.

At least you have all  the great memories and the knowledge that you rescued them and gave them a loving home for a good part of their lives.

You have a new puppy to look forward to, spend the time getting everything ready. Puppy proof your house and get plenty of sleep.
Buy new puppy toys and things.

Come here to read and share views, you'll be surprised the time will pass very quickly.

We knew about our Lottie before she was born, but the time didnt take too long to pass.

Keep busy and go to see the puppies when they are a few weeks old.                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 06:55:57 PM »
Hi Wendy and welcome to COL.

I was so  sad :cry: when I read your post, I cannot begin to imagine how hard it must be to lose two dogs in such a short space of time.

I'm delighted for you that you are going to get a cocker puppy.  They are just the most wonderful dogs and there is so much information and advice available on this site it will be fantastic for you to use as a reference point if need be  :D

Good luck with the little one - it will seem like an eternity whilst you are waiting but it will be worth it in the end.   Looking forward to seeing photos of the new addition as soon as you have any.

Incidentally, I have a 14 month old blue roan called Piper.

Louise                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 08:55:04 PM »
Hi Wendy,

Welcome to COL. I also lost my golden cocker recently - it will be 3 weeks on Sunday so I know how you must be feeling :cry:  I hope your new puppy brings some much deserved happiness back into your home. Look forward to seeing some pics when the little one comes home :)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Andrea L

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 09:02:08 PM »
Hi Wendy,
              So sorry to hear of your losses, I dont think a house is a home if you dont have a dog around. I spent 3 years dogless, until 4 weeks ago. We now have a 12 week old blue roan called Silas and it's great to be back doing doggy things. :D
 Hope the wait doesn't seem to long for you, and good luck with your baby when he/she arrives.                    
lots of woofs n' licks,
Andrea, Silas and Marley

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 09:04:41 PM »
So sorry to hear of your losses.  Our new pup is due in less than a week and I've found it's gone quite quickly.  By the time you've puppy proofed everything and bought all the things you need (and just fancy)  :wink: he'll be here in no time at all.                    
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 10:44:32 PM »
Hello Wendy and welcome to Col!

I felt so sad reading your post, you must be devastated, losing both your dogs. :cry: They become such a huge part of our lives and when we lose them it's so hard.

Your new little pup won't replace your old boys, but he will give you something nice to cuddle! ( I know you don't feel like it but Happy Birthday and take care, sending you a big hug and cocker kisses.

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline dsmandspanna

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 01:52:18 AM »
hi wendy

i am sorry to hear of your sad loss.....it must be really tough on you right now......

the reason i write .....is to say that maybe the time you have to wait for your new pup .....  will be a blessing in disguise.....

i lost my "old faithful"  mongrel  last september...she was so calm and "sorted".....i took for granted just how much she knew about me and life....until just a few weeks ago

having my new puppy was a shock......id forgotten how energetic they are
and how much patience it takes to get them to do things   you cant remember your old dog not knowing !!!!!!!

so as the others have said.....prepare your house...to..."puppy proof"
standard......and more importantly....prepare your own mind not to expect too much too soon........the wisdom of a companion aged 13 is a hard act for  an uneducated live wired  puppy to follow  :D

wishing you a happy future with your new baby
dawn......and spanna :D                    

Offline chrisfund

• Site Member
    • http://cocker.natoo.net
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 04:24:34 AM »
Hello Wendy,

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss.

when I was a child I lost my dearest dog by car accident. But I was able to overcome that difficult time. I kept myself busy. They say time flies......

anyway Welcome to COL. :D

There are a lot of good people here. they will share your sadness,I hope.                    
ChangBin(Chris)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 03:47:54 PM »
Welcome to COl Wendy

Sorry to hear of your losses, I lost Gunnar just after easter so I know how painfull it is  :cry:

The waiting for the new pup actually flies by. I too "booked" my pup when he was just a week old and I still have three weeks to wait till hes old enough to come home and the excitement is building daily. Also the worry as its been a long time since we had a pup :roll:

This site has been a great help, especially reading the questions and tales from the new puppy owners ( Ive learned a lot and been reminded of a lot more) and also the pictures are great way to get a quick fix.

Soon enough, after a week of sleepless nights, you will be looking back at this waiting time and be wondering why on earth you wished it away :)

All the best

Suki                    
Caroline and Alfie

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2004, 04:04:28 PM »
Wendy,

I was sorry to read your post  :(  Losing both of your beloved dogs so soon after each other must have been devastating for you!

After losing my much loved Gizzy 2 1/2 years ago I swore I would never have another dog in the house - I now have two! :shock:

The wait for your new pup will be over sooner than you think, although right now it seems like an eternity away you will be prepering for his/her grand arrival before you know it! :wink:

Wishing you and your new pup many many happy adventures together - Happy birthday Wendy  :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2004, 10:04:25 PM »
Hi Wendy
Welcome to COL  :D  I too am sorry  :( to hear about your sad loss of Benji but feel sure you must be looking forward to your new puppy.  You could spend the time waiting for your new pup by reading up as much as you can about cockers and of course this website will be an invaluable reference place.  I hope the time goes quickly for you.                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 11:48:35 AM »
I was really moved by your post.   :( I'm enjoying my first ever puppy at the moment and can't imagine being parted with him so my heart goes out to you.  Just try and concentrate on the joyful moments - remember those good times you had with your last two babies and multiply that about a thousand - that's what a Cocker puppy brings you!!   :D I have never been so loved, and so licked (!) and so needed by anyone before!!  OK so that didn't come out how I meant it to but maybe it raised a smile?!?!   :lol: Every time I get up in the morning, or come in the front door - it's a mad five minutes of complete and utter joy!!  And you've got it all to come ..... Welcome To COL!!!                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

scoobie

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 06:30:42 PM »
Hi Wendy and welcome to COL
so sorry to hear of your loss..you will find loads and loads of support on here so don't be afraid to ask
love and best wishes
Edith and scoobie xx                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2004, 09:11:24 PM »
Hi Wendy, welcome to col  i'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss. Just hold on to all those wonderful memories.
I'm sure the time will go quickly, and then you can bring your little one home.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~