Author Topic: Good News  (Read 965 times)

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
Good News
« on: January 08, 2005, 08:39:46 PM »
I just thought I would let others know that we weighed Danny the other night.  We had been told by the vet that he needed to lose weight.  He is a big, tall boy, but he weighed nearly 23 kg, I'm ashamed to admit.  :(  We had been giving him less food for quite a while, but hadn't weighed him.  When he was groomed, and his wooly coat removed, he looked slim so we popped him on the scales....... and he was 17kg,  :D the weight the vet and I had decided he ought to be.  I am not proud to have let him get so fat, but I'm very pleased to have got him down, as he is sooo much happier and has loads of energy again.  I thought it might inspire anyone else on a diet  to hear a success story, though you're probably more responsible than me and wouldn't let it get so bad in the first place.

PS Penny, it might explain why you couldn't believe he was that heavy when I told you; he probably wasn't! :lol:  
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Good News
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 08:48:55 PM »
:) Becky - WELL DONE

I'm sure Danny will feel a lot better now x

Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Good News
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 09:06:11 PM »
A big well done to you and I do admire you for admitting that he'd got to that weight in the first place ;) I'm sure he looks and feels so much better for it.

I was recently talking to someone who lives nearby who has a cocker.  The dog is 6 years old and a gorgeous but unfortunately he is HUGE :(   Apparently the vet  comments on his weight at every visit and advises the owner to put him on a strict diet.  The chap then went onto say that the dog is happy and he is fed up with vets telling him this and so he has decided not to go to the vet anymore :o  :angry:   The poor dog looked double its age :(

Glad to hear you've been sensible and taken your vets advice :)  

Mary & Lottie x

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Good News
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 09:18:03 PM »
Well done Becky :D  My old cocker weighed in at 21.5kg at his heaviest:ph34r:  It took a lot of hard work but I got him done to 14.5kg. He also got a whole new lease of life - the first time he jumped on the bed, i cried tears of utter joy! He was also able to stop his arthritis medication which he wouldn't have needed in the first place if he wasn't carrying all that weight around. Like you, it's something i'm not proud of but I honestly didn't realise how big he was - talk about love being blind :rolleyes:

I'm sure Danny really appreciates your efforts ;)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Becky

• Site Member
Good News
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »
Thanks folks, I was a bit worried you'd all disown me for being a bad mum for letting him get so big, but you're right, it creeps on and it isn't obvious til it's too late, same thing happened to my own bottom, but we're working on that too. :lol:  
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Good News
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 10:25:03 PM »
WELL DONE......You've made a huge difference to Dannys life. You must have worked hard.

Their weight does creep on, our lab Goldie had got overweight particularly as she is 10 and a bit arthritic. I didnt really see it, until the weight started to drop off, which coincided with us getting Lottie. I think she was just getting far more exercise. She now looks a different dog and full of life.

scoobie

Good News
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 10:27:26 PM »
well done Becky and Danny :D  

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
Good News
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 10:28:11 PM »
That's brilliant!

The good news is that he's lost so much weight and that's down to you, don't beat yourself up!

With their pleading little eyes it's very easy to over feed them! :P  

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Good News
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 01:58:13 PM »
Well done Becky, we had too cut Nells (lab) weight down, on the vets recomendation, although she always gets plenty of exercise, it just seemed to creep up on her from nowere, its taken a few  months, but its been well worth it.
It is hard to say no to those pleading eyes though isn't it   :D  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

sweetie

Good News
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 02:40:17 PM »
big pat on the back to you hun ;)

well done xx