Author Topic: Doggy Insurance - Query?  (Read 2602 times)

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Doggy Insurance - Query?
« on: October 04, 2004, 10:57:32 AM »
Hi everyone

I have never had pet insurance for my dogs before but new pup Oscar has come with 6 weeks free insurance from both Petplan and from the KC.

Both are about the same monthly premium. I don't know whether to continue with the insurance and if i do which company to use.

What do you all think?

Liz
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
Doggy Insurance - Query?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 03:32:18 PM »
This question tends to come up quite a lot and it's usually down to personal preference (like how much you want to pay per month) - I know that the Marks and Spencer policy has been praised in the past.  Personally we went with the KC but they are one of the more expensive ones.  Shop around?  
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Doggy Insurance - Query?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »
I shopped around for weeks and dithered about which company offered the best deal  :rolleyes:

Eventually, we opted for Direct Line, as they offered a good 'lifetime' policy, and we got discount as we are already customers.

I also shortlisted Virgin, and others such as More Th>n, M & S and some of the supermarkets.

It depends on what is important to you in relation to cover; but when shopping around I found a spreadsheet was the only way of ensuring I was comparing 'like with like' as the excess, length of cover, extras and so forth varied considerably from policy to policy   :wacko:  
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Doggy Insurance - Query?
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 05:48:39 PM »
Our dogs are covered by Halifax..........we have our home contents, buildings and car insurance with them, so had a really good deal and quite a big discount.........plus we have a no excess policy on all the above!

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Doggy Insurance - Query?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 06:18:32 PM »
We are with Morethan and have been happy with them - they were very quick to pay out. Like everyone says, just make sure you get lifetime cover, otherwise if your pet got diabetes, yearly cover would not pay out.

Shona  
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)