Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 6815 times)

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
    • http://
Pet Insurance
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 10:09:37 AM »
[I had to call M&S insurance a few weeks ago and just by chance the lady on the phone actually said that they were Petplan..........So, there you go!)

re the quote above if m&s is pet plan  then does that mean all those with pet plan are subsidizing the m&s cover and, if so soon people will catch on swop to m&s and then the premium will go up to cover costs as the money to pay out claims comes from the premiums ? :?                    
sue baxter and Alfie

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2004, 10:42:22 AM »

re the quote above if m&s is pet plan  then does that mean all those with pet plan are subsidizing the m&s cover and, if so soon people will catch on swop to m&s and then the premium will go up to cover costs as the money to pay out claims comes from the premiums ? :?

Well, this could be the case Baxter who knows?  But at the moment M&S are offering a competetive package at a competetive price.                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
    • http://www.byphotos.com/album/780383
Pet Insurance
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 11:19:23 AM »
Oscar is on Pet Plan, we have just made a claim with them. we got a letter one day saying they where looking at our claim and the next day we got a cheque from them. Now that is good  8)                    
David, Sharon & Oscar

Oscar Pics    Oscar in Scotland

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 12:07:25 PM »
Just adding my fourpenneth!  

I found PetPlan to be unprofessional, lacking in communication, confused - shall I go on?!  This was after I rang them to say stop sending me junk mail and pestering me with phone calls!  I had already told them we didn't want our insurance with them - and when I called them, it took AGES to get through the automated system and when I did get through they refused to speak to me and said they would call me back!!!  Useless ...

We have insured Woody through the Kennel Club - £19.95 a month but hey - what price happiness?!  A minor point and rather a snobby one so forgive me speaking my mind so freely but I was reassured that they only insured pedigrees and would therefore probably be more aware of particular breeds and health concerns.  I found them to be incredibly polite and helpful.

At the end of the day insurance is a personal choice and whoever we choose to insure our babies with - the fact that we have taken that step is a reassurance in itself.  Let's hope we never need to test their efficiency eh?!                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 12:22:08 PM »
well said JO ,and shame you`ve had such a bad experience with them,i would have liked to say you must have spoken to a very unprofessional member of staff but by what you`ve said you never spoke to anyone half  knowing how to relate to the customer.bad show on PP as what people say about  a company to friends etc is what really counts .                    
sue baxter and Alfie

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2004, 12:37:20 PM »
I had Neo insured with Petplan but at over 20 pounds a month and having added Jovi to the family I looked at the insurance again.

I have insured with www.vet2pet.co.uk, as it is lifetime cover, for more money than petplan and I got it at just over 15 pounds each dog.  They were very helpful on the phone and even would ensure my cat up to his 10th birthday!  The website is also full of useful information.

I haven't looked at the M&S one but as you're all raving about it, I might just take a peak  :lol:                    
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline Mo

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 02:27:21 PM »
We put Joey onto the Marks and Spencers Pet Insurance after flicking through the money section of a newspaper and it was listed as one of the best pet insurances to have.  We will definately be putting Phoebe onto it when her six weeks free insurance comes to an end with the Kennel Club.                    

Offline looby lou

• Site Member
  • Georgia
    • http://www.jayzander.co.uk
Pet Insurance
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 05:10:47 PM »
Its interesting to see that M&S are pet plan, I will inform my vets. They recommend pet plan wothout saying it because alot of the other companies they have had problems with. A great thumbs up to pet plan for giving M&S their business.                    
To see our dogs visit
www.jayzander.co.uk

Looby Lou

Offline ellehcim

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2004, 12:25:39 PM »
have just had a look at m & s insurance is indeed pretty similat to petplan,with whom i have 'premium ' cover, there is one thing i am not sure it is the same.
with petplan i am unlimited to the vets fees i can claim in a year, with
 m & s you seem to be limited to £7000 per year.
can anyone clarify this because it may be worth changing if they are but one and the same, and 1/2 the price of petplan!
thanks
michelle                    
1st time cocker owner

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Pet Insurance
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2004, 05:02:43 PM »
Hi, just thought I'd chip in!

OH and I were discussing this last night.....with M & S due to sell off their financial services as part of their 'survival package' we debated the risk of taking out M & S cover, only to find the premiums increased/cover changed in a year or so.

The problem is, if we claim under the M & S policy, and then need to change, Molo then won't be covered for any pre-existing conditions  - so we decided that under the circumstances we may be better off giving M & S a miss, despite the competitive rate at the moment.

IMHO, the less well known insurers seem to offer a better deal though....Pet Plan is almost double some of the other quotes I have obtained.                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline PennyB

Pet Insurance
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 05:27:25 PM »
I agree Rachel which is why I had doubts as to the way M & S are going as they could be sold off elsewhere or if absorbed into Petplan then back to square 1 for some people.

I'm in the position where I can't change any of mine as Wilf has well and truly used up a considerable amount already on one illness and someone said that if your dog has been bitten then M & S have that as an exclusion (Ruby was attacked by 2 staffs a year ago, totally unprovoked), i.e. if your dog gets bitten again then regardless of circumstances you're not covered if you change. One of my cats had an argument with someone's greenhouse one year (sliced right through his tendon one expensive sunday afternoon) so no doubt future 'arguments with greenhouses' must be excluded!                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Andrea L

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 05:31:05 PM »
I've insured Silas with PPlan too,especially with all the upheaval at M&S.Pet Plan have been going for years and having been a vet nurse before I got married and moved,(10 years ago)  found our owners at the practice who had PP insurance had no trouble at all with any claims they made.I've yet to test this out for myself though.                    
lots of woofs n' licks,
Andrea, Silas and Marley