Author Topic: Working Cocker  (Read 798 times)

Offline Casey

• Site Member
    • http://
Working Cocker
« on: January 04, 2006, 09:19:15 PM »
Hello to you all, I have just introduced myself in the appropriate 'room' and would like to say thank you again for all of the warm welcomes, makes things somewhat easier being as nervous as I was about joining as a result of my previous chat forum experience.

Anyway, Mich kindly offered me a little of advice about the differences between the working cocker and the show type and suggested I type in a search to bring up some more info as I am quite interested, which I seem to be struggling doing as all I am getting are a whole list of topics!  :rolleyes:  :lol:
Anyway, is there anywhere I can go to actually see some illustrations or pictures demonstrating the differences?  Or a general write up about the same?

Any help or advice is much appreciated and I shall soon try to show a picture of my girl - once I can navigate properly!!!  :D

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
Working Cocker
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 10:01:20 PM »
I'm not sure about our little one either so I'd be interested in this too, Casey!!  

Our Max has a pedigree which contains a fair few show cockers & his mum definately was one, but I think his dad was a working cocker - how do we know what HE is?! He's really sturdy & solid with a fairly short muzzle & a big head & medium length ears - does that mean anything??!! S'cuse my ignorance - haven't got a clue!!

:lol:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
Working Cocker
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 10:02:48 PM »
Have a look here
 felstead gundogs

you might get some questions answered

My dogs are working cockers too take a look at my website below
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Working Cocker
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 10:10:51 PM »
Have a look here
 felstead gundogs

you might get some questions answered

My dogs are working cockers too take a look at my website below
[snapback]172370[/snapback]

great minds think alike grannynic!  felstead would be my recommendation for working cocker info....  and i think we all need a few more flossy pics from you? (well, jarvis put in a specific request :wub:)

and a big welcome to casey!!  :D

helen & jarvis x

Offline Casey

• Site Member
Working Cocker
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 10:19:43 PM »
Many thanks for that - will certainly take a look at those.  :)

Offline Black Angel's

• Site Member
  • Muffin
    • http://www.blackmajestys.com
Working Cocker
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 10:23:54 PM »
now,try to put pics of your cocker,if you don't know how,you can send me pics,on my e-mail:iva3005@yahoo.com and I can put them :)
Black Majesty-english cocker spaniel & grand basset griffon vendeen kennel

-> www.blackmajestys.com -<

Offline Casey

• Site Member
Working Cocker
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 10:30:42 PM »
now,try to put pics of your cocker,if you don't know how,you can send me pics,on my e-mail:iva3005@yahoo.com and I can put them :)
[snapback]172385[/snapback]

Hi  :) .  Have actually just done so in my introduction thread.  Managed to do it right as well!!!  :D

Offline Black Angel's

• Site Member
  • Muffin
    • http://www.blackmajestys.com
Working Cocker
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 10:41:20 PM »
ok :)
Black Majesty-english cocker spaniel & grand basset griffon vendeen kennel

-> www.blackmajestys.com -<

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
Working Cocker
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 11:20:03 PM »
Brilliant site - thanks guys!! I reckon our Max is a working cocker then - according to the info on the site & the lovely piccies of other working cockers, he seems to have the right head/ear shape etc & other physical attributes & he loves going in hedgerows & flushing out birds etc.

Don't really care what he is - was just curious - he's adorable & we love him to bits & he knows it & uses those spaniel eyes to maximum effect!!!!!!!!!

We just locked up the house downstairs to come up to bed & he legged it into the kitchen & sat by his treat cupboard & refused to move till he'd had a gravy bone!! - little monkey - he rushed upstairs with it & ate it on the landing!! He went back down again to try again, but we were both getting ready for bed & didn't follow him,  so he came up after a few minutes & gave us 'evils'!! Ha ha!!

:lol:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Penel

Working Cocker
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 11:17:53 AM »
Previous discussion here on the same subject.