Author Topic: Grapes and Raisins  (Read 1504 times)

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Grapes and Raisins
« on: May 10, 2004, 03:18:48 PM »
Although I have never given Blue grapes or raisins I do know that some people do give them to their dogs as treats and thought IMHO that you should read this before you ever give then to your dogs again.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline shaz

• Site Member
Grapes and Raisins
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 04:33:50 PM »
wow what a shocking story  :cry: ,  i must admit that i have given mine the odd grape or two when i have them in the house, i would never thought that they could be so dangerous, i will not be giving them grapes or raisins ever again,  

thanks bluesmum for that info ,

sharon.                    
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Grapes and Raisins
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 04:44:42 PM »
hi Maria!

How scary is that, I eat grapes by the bucket and sometimes toss one or two to Molly as she loves them but after reading that I won't be! :shock:

Thanks for taking the time to post that info.

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Grapes and Raisins
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 05:43:21 PM »
I have read a similiar story about raisin toxicity and it certainly does make you more aware. Brook gets a grape or two maybe every couple of weeks - its one of his favourite foods in the whole world.  As an almost 12 year old with diabetes insipidus, heart condition and liver disease, I don't think I'd have the heart to deny him one of lifes little pleasures.  A girl at work normally brings in grapes as part of her lunch and she has been told not to give Brook any unless I say so just incase we do have an accidental overdose :wink:  She just has to put up with the drool on her shoes instead. :lol:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Grapes and Raisins
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 06:32:27 PM »
Indie loves grapes too!  Then Maria mentioned to me about them being posioness so she is banned from them now, much to her disgust :roll:                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Grapes and Raisins
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 07:05:06 PM »
I knew that about grapes, but was slow on the uptake with raisins. Banned here for Indie now, he accidentally had a grape the other day.

Shona                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Grapes and Raisins
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 10:42:20 PM »
Hi,
I've seen this article before and stopped to think about it. I follow a natural rearing diet with Penny and this recommends a few raisins on her cereal  and I feed her this 6 days a week as on the 7th she fasts completely. I am going to continue with my regime as I believe in the diet. If it is bad for her kidneys then I will also assume that the chopped parsley and honey that I also give her on a daily basis will counteract this. My other cocker developed kidney disease after following a conventional diet and never having eaten a grape or raisin.
From Karen                    
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Grapes and Raisins
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 08:42:48 AM »
Yes ive seen something similar on here before, about raisins and grapes, as well.

I was only posting about it to someone last week. But i couldnt find the link.
Thanks Maria, ive put this one in my favourites, saves  me trawling for it again. :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~