Author Topic: Evie's loose!  (Read 1195 times)

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Evie's loose!
« on: May 19, 2004, 11:42:05 AM »
Evie is coming up for 18 weeks, I have had her on jwb since I've had her at 8 weeks. I've noticed that in the last 2 weeks she has had loose poos.
Either very loose or slightly formed and then loose at the end. She's been wormed regularly and is very healthy in every other sense.

I'm wondering whether to change her on to something else or to keep her on jwb. She is on three meals a day but has about 6 poo. It seems to be going straight through her. Any ideas would be appreciated. ( She is growing but is quite slim, maybe she is just going to be petite )

Lizzy molly and evie :?                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Evie's loose!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 10:14:44 AM »
We had Billy on JWB since he was 3 months old, then all of a sudden his poos became loose. i thought he just had a tummy upset but this went on for about 4 weeks, exactly the same as you describe. this happened when he hit 6 months. He was fine in himself so i knew he wasnt feeling poorly. Every now and then he would wipe his bottom on the floor! :?  :?  :?  :?

Our trainer told us to watch his protein levels as he had so much energy and was becoming a real real handful. Apparently too much protein aint good. When i looked at JWB it was 30% protein. We were told to try a diet which was much lower in protein.
A few weeks ago i decided to change him to Burns, 21% protein, (although he is still as energetic as he was on JWB) at the time i just thought it was the only thing i could do.

I did it gradually, mixed a bit at a time with his JWB, i introduced the food over 10 days, now he is on 100% burns.

I must say that since i have changed his food  his poo is  absolutley fine!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: and back to normal. It may just be coincidence but i doubt it.

He does not pooh as often either. On JWB it could be 5-15 times a day but now itis no more that 4 times usually. Burns said apparently it is because the products are natural and therefore contain less ingredients which are not required by the dog and therefore less waste.
If he does not improve its worth a try.                    

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Evie's loose!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 10:18:01 AM »
Sorry  :oops:  :oops:  did not mean to call evie "he". I am so used to talking about Billy and using "he"                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Evie's loose!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 12:00:02 PM »
Thanks Jan for your reply,

I am considering changing Evie on to Burns, I have heard many a good tale about it, also I think I will have at  look a Nature Diet too.

Evie is still loose this morning :roll: I think a visit to the vets might be needed just to be on the safe side,

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie