Author Topic: Flatulence (!)  (Read 1909 times)

Offline pwhite48

• Site Member
Flatulence (!)
« on: April 19, 2004, 08:29:04 AM »
:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Apologies for bringing up the subject, but is there a cure for Cocker bottom-burps?

Imagine the scene - the family are sitting on the settee, settling down to an evening of TV entertainment, Honey is lying on the floor at my feet when all of a sudden ---- "what's that smell?..." Once each family member has denied having anything to do with it, we realise it must have been Honey.  It's got to the point that she gets the blame for everything now :wink:

She's on a healthy diet of Nutro, with the occasional gravy bone or dentabix treat, but she drops some right stinkers :oops:

Maybe it's just my school boy humour, but it doesn't seem right at all!  IS there anything I can give her for this?                    
All the best
Phil

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Flatulence (!)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 09:17:21 AM »
Have to say we're lucky we dont have that problem with the dogs, only with the husband :D  :D , our dogs look at him with their noses in the air                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Maria

• Site Member
Flatulence (!)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 10:39:35 AM »
We have this problem with Boysie if he has any food with turkey in it, milk (or cheese), and sometimes dentastix. Oh, and if he has also snaffled something on his walks. Very unpleasant I know. Last week I went to lunch at a friends and took him with me, and he spent the whole time under the table delivering nasty smells! I think that that was because he had had a small amount of milk to drink in the morning.
Do you change the flavours of her meals? It might be that there is one flavour that causes the reaction?                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Flatulence (!)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 02:32:32 PM »
If you find out please let me know! Indie can be truly foul in that department, he's on Burns food so I don't know if that's got anything to do with it!                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Flatulence (!)
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 06:01:48 PM »
Morgan goes through phases of this and he's really quite funny, 'cos he'll let one go and then turn round and try to sniff his own rear end - how disgusting is that!!!  Either that or he'll jump up and walk off, leaving the stink lingering near us  :x  :lol:  :lol:   Cooper's not been bad so far but then Maybe Morgan's getting the blame for everything 'cos we know what he's capable of   :shock:  :lol:   :lol:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Flatulence (!)
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 06:19:38 PM »
Oh gosh, Daisy and Jazz after liver cake....  :shock:                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Flatulence (!)
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 06:39:20 PM »
If you find out please let me know! Indie can be truly foul in that department, he's on Burns food so I don't know if that's got anything to do with it!

Shona, when Lottie was on dried food (JWB) she suffered terribly with it....I shall rephrase that, WE suffered terribly from it :roll:  :lol:

I can't say she's had a problem since she's been on Naturediet although she is now having some more dried food again now without problems :?                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Flatulence (!)
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 06:45:21 PM »
Jazz is on Burns, and sometimes the smell is soo bad i have to leave the room, even shes's started smelling her own bum, and doesn't look too happy...                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
Flatulence (!)
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 10:07:53 PM »
Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a smelly pup!!!
The funniest time was when Pickle actually woke himself up from a deep sleep with a start, and was looking around all crossly, as the smell was so horrid! I don't think he had any idea it had come from him!!
I thought it was just a boy thing - can't believe all these cute and pretty girl Cockers do it too - as of course, in the human world, girls NEVER fart......
Emma and Pickle xx                    

Offline SarahJ

• Site Member
    • http://
Flatulence (!)
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 11:30:55 AM »
My problem is the other end which doesn't sound too bad you may say!! I always put Harvey's dinner down in the kitchen and take my own meal into the lounge but as soon as he's finished he walks into the middle of the room and gives the loudest belch. He's obviously enjoyed his dinner but I'm usually half way through mine and its a real turn off!! They do say its compliments to the chef but I'm not too sure... :D

Sarah and Harvey.x                    

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Flatulence (!)
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 05:23:13 PM »
oh cutie cockers girles are not exempt from this in anyway!
when Millie was younger she was terrible! It was quite embarassing taking her to training because she could drop some real hum-dingers!
As she has gotten older this has kinda settled down, and now rarely relinquishes all inhibitions i the bottom area, but has taking a liking to belching, especially when giving you a sloppy wet kiss after having a drink.
Jenni, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. Every night, about an hour after her tea she seems to be constantly parping, and they are truly vile, Millie will actually leave the room on occasion!

I put it down to growing up, basically I think this because now we have 2, we can compare notes on them both :)                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk