Author Topic: Gaps Between Seasons  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Gaps Between Seasons
« on: December 07, 2004, 01:53:51 PM »
I know these vary from bitch to bitch, anything from 6 months to 12 months. I was just wondering how frequent other members' bitches cycles are - just to get a rough guide as to what is generally the most common for a Cocker girl.

Misty's first season was in May and today she got serious attention from a Lab boy in the park - which being a little minx, she loved.  :D It may be a false alarm, we had several last time.  :rolleyes: There's no swelling or blood yet so I'm going to have to keep an eye on her, I was hoping she'd go a bit longer really.

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 02:53:51 PM »
Candy (2 and a half) came in six months to the day May and November up until the last one where she was a week early (last week of October) which threw me a bit.  There was little or no swelling and hardly any blood this time but she was very subdued and slept a lot.  I think they just like to keep us guessing!  :D
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 02:58:30 PM »
Molly who's 3 next month has a season every November, that's it nothing more. She is going to be spayed next month so I will never know if she would have carried on with a once yearly season!

Evie is one next month and hasn't had a season yet.

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline lindsey

• Site Member
    • Soroden Cockers
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 05:43:11 PM »
Aimee my youngest cocker (2 years2 months), had her first season at 18 months and hasn't had another yet, her 1/2 sister Gypsy comes in exactly every 6 months, her other 1/2 sister Molly comes in every eight months, her mum Rosie every 9-10 months! :huh:

Thats not really helped you has it! :rolleyes:   It does sound like she could be coming in though.  
Lindsey, Sophie, Rosie, Molly, Gypsy, Aimee, Harry and Ellie

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 10:31:38 PM »
I've had 4 bitches. 3 were every 6mths and 1 was every 8 mths.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 10:49:27 PM »
Tilly had her first season at 11 months and her second 6 months later, almost to the day.  I suspect she will be on a six-month cycle, so hopefully we shall be able to plan a little ahead.  Incidentally, she got significant attention from dogs for about two weeks before she came into season, so I think you're right to watch that Misty-minx :rolleyes:  ;) !  Tilly is also still getting some attention from some dogs now, almost a month since she finished her season.  She reckons it's just her animal magnetism   :blink:  ;)

Sue and Tills

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 01:30:08 AM »
Buttons had her first at 14 months and then went 10 1/2 months. Not much help that really is it  :lol: I suppose she could be coming in again...7 months ish. Sometimes they show signs a good few weeks before so like you say all you can do is keep an eye on her  :)  

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 04:07:32 PM »

Thanks for the replies. Interesting that so many have bitches with 6 month cycles, for some reason I thought it less common in Cockers than some other breeds. ( Although I suppose you can't really read too much into such a small sample) I also found it interesting that Lyndsey has four bitches , all related yet with completely different cycles. I'd assumed that frequency of seasons was maybe an inherited thing.

It does seem that Misty is trying to cause me maximum inconvenience - her first season started the exact day Jimmy was booked in to be neutered, this one looks to be timed for the 2 weeks at Christmas/New Year we'll be spending at my sister's new house. :rolleyes: My sister will be pleased - maybe if I dress Misty up in one of those little Santa suits nobody will notice. :D  

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 04:39:43 PM »
Molly who's 3 next month has a season every November, that's it nothing more. She is going to be spayed next month so I will never know if she would have carried on with a once yearly season!

Evie is one next month and hasn't had a season yet.
Lizzy, this may change! They could sychronise in time once Evie becomes a 'grown up' - and then if Evie has the stronger pheromones Molly's cycle could alter in time with Evie's - as happened with my two - Daisy comes into season every 6-7 months and Jazz, previously in season only annually, follows a few days later now  :D  

Offline Toohey

• Site Member
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 10:10:47 AM »
Hi,
my girl has just had her fifth season and she has been eight months almost to the day each time.

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »
Little Evie is in season! It's seems weird, I think of her as my baby, now she's all grown up.

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 10:59:10 AM »
:) Lizzie - I know what you mean, they seem to grow up so quickly.  Well done - you're are a big girl now Evie ! :)

Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
Gaps Between Seasons
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2004, 10:28:32 PM »
Molly is every five months. Ijust hope that Jasmine is a bit longer with  her seasons. :unsure:    
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx