Author Topic: Shake And Vac  (Read 11400 times)

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Shake And Vac
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 04:45:53 PM »
I have very occasionally used generic carpet fresheners, but mostly if I am trying to get rid of lingering smells, use spray fresheners ie Neutradol, Dettox or Refresh etc.  If you have ever used carpet fresheners, even after you have vaccuumed there are still little gritty bits which linger on, and you can feel them if you wander about in bare feet like I tend to do !!

Mind you, I recently spent my Mummy's Xmas money on a Dyson Animal, and we can't stop getting it out to play with it - we are alternately appalled and proud of the amount of stuff it is getting out of our sooo neglected carpets!!!

I bet that it would eat Shake 'n Vac like the Hunny Monster eats his breakfast!!!
Sue, don't ever use your dyson with shake and vsac - my pal's blew up and they wouldn't replace it because she'd used it, as they say in the instructions not to apparently. It blocks something in dysons.
True :rolleyes:  I have the repair bill to prove it :D  there is a sponge filter in a Dyson that requires regular washing anyway but if you use shake and vac it sets like concrete in the filter :blink:

I bought a bissell carpet cleaner before Christmas, very easy to use and does a great job.

Michelle

Offline fudgesmammy

• Site Member
    • http://
Shake And Vac
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2005, 08:33:26 PM »
Yip- Shake and Vac Makes Dysons Explode!!!!!!!! We know. Ours exploded- Fudge is very scared of the new one.

It's because of the HEPA filter or something. I don't understand why if you hoover up flour it's ok shake and vac isn't.  
Eilidh, Fudge and Harry

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Shake And Vac
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2005, 12:47:15 PM »
Some years ago on 'that's life' (remember that programme) they had a lab which had gone bauld  - they eventually found out that the Shake and Vac in the carpets was to blame!!

My mum also had an allergic reaction to the stuff!

Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline PollyKay

• Site Member
Shake And Vac
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2005, 04:35:38 PM »
Shake and Vac used to make Sammy sick, so I stopped using it.  He was very intolerate to scenty things though and went into fits of sneezing at the first whiff of a can of polish.
As he got older and made more indoor messes I found that Oxicleen was good for removing odours (and stains) although test the strength on a carpet first as it can fetch the colour out if used too strong.
Polly (& Sidney the Cavalier)[/size]