Author Topic: Poorly Meg :(  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Will

• Site Member
    • http://
Poorly Meg :(
« on: January 11, 2005, 07:37:07 PM »
Hi all,

I am a sad dad, as I have had Meg spayed and she is not well!!!!

She has a mild infection which I am treating with Fuciderm, however this seems to cause her some stress like it is stinging her - is this normal??

Also pre her operation she has been struggling to poo and when she does it has been very runny, the Vet said it was colitis and to feed her boiled chicken rice, however day4 and it is still happening.....

I am due to take her back to the Vet tomorrow but was hoping somebody in here has experienced either of the above to help me get less stressed and worried about my lovely dog...but more importantly to reassure me that the Vet is telling me the right things !

Thanks for your help

:(

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 09:02:54 PM »
:( Will - so sorry to hear Meg is unwell. I'm sure someone experienced will be along soon to help you.

I hope she improves soon, big (gentle) hugs from us xxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 09:14:38 PM »
Will - it's very hard not to worry - especially if they've just had something like surgery and then they aren't well after it.

Her upset tummy could all just belinked to her surgery and then the infection. Is she licking the Fuciderm at all? That might be upsetting her further?

Although chicken and rice works for many dogs, it's not a cure all - especially if there is something elses still there causing an upset. See what your vet says tomorrow - but it is OK to worry - it's what makes us human. I'm sure she will be OK - just might take a little time that's all.

Good luck ;)  
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 09:22:04 PM »
I agree with Pammy.

I have used Fuciderm several times though and it has never seemed to sting my dogs before  :unsure:  Maybe she's having a bad reaction to it.  I expect she's feeling pretty tender in general at the moment and may just take a little time to get back to her normal self  :(

Hopefully your trip to the vet tomorrow will get her sorted out.  :)

Easy to say I know....but try not to worry. Let us know how you get on tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you both.
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

scoobie

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 09:23:06 PM »
Will sorry to hear Megs not well at the minute :( but Im sure given time like Pammy says she will soon perk up I know when they are ill they put years on us and we wish we could wave a magic wand ;) keep strong for meg and sending you positive thoughts let us know how you get on tomorrow take care

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 09:51:03 PM »
Sorry to hear that Meg is a bit under the weather.  One of the vets prescribed Fuciderm when Vegas had a sore paw and it seemed to sting him too - I think it maybe got on a bit of broken skin because I've used it on myself with no problems ;)  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Penel

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 11:42:41 PM »
I've used Fuciderm on broken skin with no problems but then my setter has an unusually high pain threshold !!!  you didn't say, where are you putting the Fuciderm - not on the spey wound I'd hope ???
It is possible she has a bacterial infection in her digestive system - as it started before the op - she might need some antibiotics... they might want to send away a poo sample in case she does have something that needs treating.
To be honest I'm not that impressed that your vet went ahead an operated on a dog that was already showing signs of being poorly .......

Offline Maria

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 09:29:49 AM »
Hope you're feeling better soon Meg

Offline Jessica's Mum

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005, 09:46:07 PM »
:( Poor baby.
Get well soon. xx