Author Topic: Overnight Sickness  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Stephen L

• Site Member
Overnight Sickness
« on: January 17, 2005, 01:40:29 PM »
I got up this morning for work, normally Spruce waits by the hall door for me to come down the stairs. He wasn't there and didn't come when I called him.
The reason was when I switched the light there were lumps of sick all over the rug in the living room and I found Spruce motionless in his basket (not sleeping), my heart was in my mouth as I shook him a little, he popped his head up and just let it flop back down again. There were lumps of sick on his blanket in his basket.

I haven't given anything other than his normal food, I was going to ring the vets when it opened, but he has been out for walk since the morning and seems relatively ok within himself. I think he was frightened that he was going to get wrong for being sick this morning because when he did get out of his basket he stood in the corner of the kitchen looking worried.

I am trying to think why he was sick and why there was so much of it?

We went to the beach yesterday, but he doesn't like the tide (just his ankles wet is enough), so I don't think he could have drunk any seawater, unless he has picked up something from the sand.

He seems ok now and has eaten a little, so I will give the vet a miss unless he is sick again.
Why does my cocker lick my ears?
Don't know, is it because I shout here boy?

Offline fudgesmammy

• Site Member
    • http://
Overnight Sickness
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 03:17:57 PM »
Was the sick quite sandy??
Fudge used to eat lots of sand a the beach when she was digging. She was sick a few times after trips to the beach and the sick was just basically sand. We would leave her 24 hours without food and then she was normally ok again.

If the sick is sandy I would guess Spruce has been eating sand and not worry about it. If it's not sandy and he's not ok then I'd phone the vet.

Hope that helps

Eilidh, Fudge and Harry

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Overnight Sickness
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 03:20:39 PM »
Poor Spruce  :(  it does sound as though he's eaten something of the beach Stephen, there's always rotten things been washed in on the beach when we go, dead crabs and things, glad to hear he's improving.  :)  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Stephen L

• Site Member
Overnight Sickness
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 03:22:09 PM »
His sick was slightly yellow in colour, but he seems ok at the moment, just lying asleep on the rug.  
Why does my cocker lick my ears?
Don't know, is it because I shout here boy?

Offline catwillow

• Site Member
    • http://www.lapislumina.co.uk/
Overnight Sickness
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 04:38:02 PM »
Poor Spruce  :(  they do have  a horrible habit of picking things up without us noticing ..... If he does it again though, I would phone the vet, for your own peace of mind at least..... ((((((((hugs)))))))) for Spruce from Lilly and Murphy
Hugs n stuff

Sheri  XxX
Lilly, Murphy & Sally xxx

scoobie

Overnight Sickness
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 04:59:03 PM »
Stephen sorry to hear Spruce has been unwell :(
I think I would pop into the vets Stephen just to make sure he's ok I know you said he's eaten since last night and he's been for a walk but just for peace of mind let us know how you get on  

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Overnight Sickness
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 05:26:07 PM »
:( Sorry to hear about Spruce, Stephen - hope he continues to improve.

Hugs from us xxx  :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"