Author Topic: Keep Your Fingers Crossed!  (Read 13042 times)

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Keep Your Fingers Crossed!
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2005, 06:57:21 PM »
Deja Vu anyone!!  :D  
Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2005, 07:01:25 PM »
Fingers crossed! :)  

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2005, 07:15:05 PM »
Have just caught up with this thread Tiggerbabe, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that the right dog is close by and just waiting for you to come and take him/her home

Good luck. xx
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2005, 07:39:57 AM »
Hi. Hope things work out and you get your dog. My mum got a little girl from a breeder who no longer wanted her. She is a sweetheart but has had alot of problems as she was really nervous and not house-trained at all. I have a young cocker male who I got as a puppy. He gets on very well with one of my cats and will lie for ages chewing his ears lovingly. Unfortunately he is just two enthusiatic for our other cat ,but he just tries to avoid Barneys affectionate advances.
Good luck!

Offline Emma&Harry

• Site Member
  • Avatar disabled by Pammy until it is resized ;)
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2005, 08:33:43 AM »
Hi Tiggerbabe, ive only just caught up with this thread but i really hope there is a little cocker out there for you and perhaps one of these boys are just for you. whatever the circs i always get a bit upset when i hear about dogs having to be rehomed, it must be so traumatic for them but its great to know that they will be coming into a home that is understanding, loving and considered all the options.

i really hope this one works out for you and you get your lovely boy to complete the family!!
xx my working cocker works very hard at being a lap dog xx

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2005, 09:50:33 PM »
Hi there!

Just an update since I haven't been on this thread for a few days!  :D

I am still waiting to hear from the breeder - last contact was last Tuesday (25th).
 :(  

I phoned her to see if the dogs owner had been back in touch with her to let her know if he was going ahead with handing his dogs back to her or not.  At that point she still hadn't heard, but expected a call that night or the next day as she knew the guy wanted to get the matter sorted asap.  He had also not decided if he was handing back one or both of the dogs.  She said that she would phone me as soon as she knew anything more.

I am still waiting and don't want to call her again as I don't want to appear pushy!  :huh:

But at the same time, if this is going to fall through as well, then I would like to keep on the ball and get back onto Cocker Rescue.  :rolleyes:  

On a more positive note - I am pushing forward with setting up my dogwalking business and am just in from my Business Navigation course.  I have a meeting with my Business Advisor on Thursday morning (8.30 so I can go in before work - it is amazing the amount of docs/dentist appointments I have had recently!!)   ;)  

The only thing I am sickening for is "work related boredom!"  :D

Aileen & Beau xx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2005, 07:25:59 PM »
:) Well done setting up your new venture Tiggerbabe and fingers and paws crossed that you have a cocker to cuddle very soon, you deserve it !!! x  :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2005, 09:00:04 PM »
Crikey, I've only just caught up with this thread - the highs and lows of offering a home to a Cocker eh?????

Any news from the breeder Tiggerbabe?  I've got my fingers crossed here for you  ;)  
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2005, 10:21:35 PM »
Well, I could resist the urge no more!!  I had to phone the breeder tonight!!   :D

Got through to her husband as she had "her hands full" with the pups!  ;)  

The poor guy who is surrendering his dogs (we think) has still not made the final decision and the breeder does not want to phone him as he is under a lot of pressure at the moment with everything that is going on at home.  :(  Poor guy.

The two Cockers are both blue roan dogs, and are seemingly absolutely fantastic boys who have been together since pups.  The breeders husband remembers when they guy came in to buy them as pups a few years ago and he said that he was over the moon and still loves his dogs to bits.  He just can't give them the time anymore.  He was in floods of tears when he originally phoned her to ask if she could find a home for them.  :(

I was on the phone gabbing to the breeders hubby for ages - they have 17 Cockers in their house at the moment (7 of them are pups though!!).  One of their girls is in Crufts soon!  He was telling me all about his other girls/boys who range in age from 2 - 12!  :P

To top it all off - he has invited me and Paul to come for a visit anytime to meet them and their extended family!  They only live about a 10 minute drive from me, so it took me all my restraining efforts not to jump in the car there and then!    :D  :D

He says that as soon as they hear back from the guy they know that I am here and there is a home waiting for the them.   :P  

I feel a lot better about it now, and will be patient however long it takes.

The best things come to those who wait!  ;)  
Aileen & Beau xx

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2005, 10:36:18 PM »
Oh, best of luck Tiggerbabe.

I love all Cockers but I am biased towards blue roans - my little girl Piper is one
 :wub:  
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline pwhite48

• Site Member
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2005, 12:25:06 PM »
Gosh - this is a right old rollercoaster - you must be going out of your mind :angry:

As everyone has said, the right dog is out there just waiting for you to giveit a loving home - and it will certainly be worth the wait :P

All the best

Phil
All the best
Phil

Offline mojo

• Site Member
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2005, 03:22:44 PM »
hope ypur luck changes soon and your dream dog comes your way soon

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2005, 10:14:22 AM »
Just read all the goings on I've got everything crossed for you here - very best of luck  ;)  

Offline lindsey

• Site Member
    • Soroden Cockers
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2005, 04:51:43 PM »
Hope this works out for you because you really have been through it.  Keeping my fingers crossed :)  
Lindsey, Sophie, Rosie, Molly, Gypsy, Aimee, Harry and Ellie

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2005, 05:01:51 PM »
Just checking back to this thread to see how things are going.
Any news?