Author Topic: Stupid GSD owner  (Read 1341 times)

Offline dood

• Site Member
Stupid GSD owner
« on: July 27, 2006, 11:11:25 PM »
Just have to rant on here as my OH isn't listening! Went for a walk with my cousin and her dawg today. Both pups off lead and we met a lovely 4 month GSD. It was very friendly but after a while it was time to go on -Poppy came with me, so did GSD! It's owner did nothing. Just stood where she was and called apathetically a few times. So I put Poppy on the lead and took her and the GSD back to the owner - no acknowledgement given  >:D Then as kids and dogs playing football GSD turns up again for a play. Both our pups are put on the lead again the GSD owner stands at a distance calling, while Poppy is getting in a complete tangle with the GSD. Eventually the owner did come over and I expected her to put his lead on. Instead she belts him hard and he cowers away from her and does go away with her.Being a complete wuss I said nothing butfelt so cross. If she'd just put his lead on it wouldn't have happened. He wasn't being naughty he just wanted to play. Stoopid, stoopid woman.  >:D

Sam and Poppy xxx

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
Re: Stupid GSD owner
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:16:57 PM »
Not surprised he wouldn't go back when she called if that is how she treats him!  >:(

Offline georgie05

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 11:44:50 PM »
sorry its very late but whats a GSD?

Tracy

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 11:50:40 PM »
sorry its very late but whats a GSD?

Tracy

German Shepherd Dog

Offline georgie05

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 11:57:10 PM »
thanks for that  ;)

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 01:19:59 AM »
I met a woman with two black cockers when Ben was small and I was still learning  :D The cockers were playing with Ben and wouldn't go back to the owner so she came over - fussed Ben and then belted her cockers for not come back ph34r Even though I knew very little I did think that that was the reason they didn't go back!

I met her again the other day and Ben was doing his guarding of a bit of fox poo or something, and had a go at one of her dogs that got too close - I put him on the lead and apologised ............ she replied that her dogs never did that unless she smacked them!  Apparently she hits them at home when they are naughty and they retaliate  ::) They are still young but they will learn to retaliate more won't they?

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 01:26:31 AM »
and those poor dogs are going to end up labelled as aggressive cos of ******** ( add your own word there ) owners

no doubt they will will be got rid of at some point when they turn around and bite - poor pups !
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline PennyB

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 01:19:42 PM »
Some people seem to think dogs come fully trained, and that you don't have to teach them recall. I know someone who had a gsd that kept running off and they got rid, and when i asked did they try to teach them recall they just went derrr we just called and he wouldn't come back so that was that ::)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 04:02:20 PM »
Poor thing now wonder his not going back to the owner    >:(   

I love GSD  :luv:

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 04:06:23 PM »
gosh this sounds like a story someone told me, entirely oblivious of the implications, the other day.  Their dog was put down for being vicious - bit repeatedly, finally drew blood.

On further enquiry, the dog was prone to what any vaguely interested owner would learn was resource guarding, especially unusual food and being on the sofa.  Response to any growling?  A wallop with a rolled up newspaper.  Which caused dog to snarl, not growl.  Which got it two wacks with the newspaper.  This escalated to the point where the dog was lunging and the owner was using extreme force to restrain it - twisting its collar, hitting harder etc.

Finally - it nicked a chicken carcase and owner's relative went to take it off the dog.  Which growled repeatedly, was shouted at and had the chicken grabbed.  It bit and drew blood.  It was put to sleep the next day.

On being told about Paddy biting OH the other evening - advised anything which would show Paddy "who was top dog".  I have been so upset about that poor dog being PTS.  And didn't even listen to the advice.

D

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 04:11:06 PM »

I love GSD  :luv:

Me too, they are my all-time favourite breed along with cockers. My last dog was a GSD and she was amazing and it makes me so angry to hear about the stupid irresponsible people like this one who spoil the reputation of these fantastic dogs  >:( >:(
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/