Author Topic: "Please can you say a little prayer for Honey"  (Read 11905 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
"Please can you say a little prayer for Honey"
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2004, 10:30:48 AM »
Like Linda, the thought of Auto Immune Haemolytic Anaemia ran through my mind too.  Also like Linda, I have nursed my dog through this disease for the past five and a half years.  Unfortunately, that is where the similarity ended as Chloe was not able to come off the steroids.  She has been on steroids and chemotherapy drugs since her first attack when she was two and a half.  However, despite all the associated long term drug problems (and believe me, I am getting to be an expert on this), Chloe is a little whizz, loves life and is the happiest little soul on earth.  I am trying to say that if it is AIHA then Honey can survive it, just like Chloe.  The best piece of advice I can give you if you find Honey is a victim of this is to go to the website  www.cloudnet.com/~jdickson  all the info you will ever need is on this website, also a board for people going through the same thing who can be far more help to you than just reading up on it.  My thoughts really are with you and Honey.

Sheryl, Holly and Chloe the Wonder Dog xx                    
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2004, 10:32:46 AM »
Just read your latest post. Soooo glad it isn't AIHA but what on earth is it that she does have??? :?                    
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2004, 04:55:31 PM »
Sending you hugs and cocker kisses.
Everything crossed for some good news and a speedy recovery

Love
Kel, Tris, Millie and Jenni                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2004, 06:29:15 PM »
Sending you lots of luck and love from Wigan.

Louise, Charlie & Piper x                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Juel

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2004, 10:44:04 PM »
Thanks again everyone for your support & replies.....it means alot to me xx

I've made my 2 phonecalls to the vet today as they still don't want us to visit :( .....it's killing me but if it is in Honeys best interest then i will stay away.
All they say is that she is a bit brighter & has had a little wonder around......doesn't give much away does it :roll:  but at least she is making slow progress in the right direction we hope,they also said that they'd given her a bath......i don't know what to think about that but surely if she was still critical they wouldn't have bathed her would they??.....so i'm thinking positive & hoping that that is a good sign.

God this is killing me!!!!!!! i just want my baby home with us & her brother.

Thanks for listening folksxxxxxxx
luv
juel xx                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2004, 12:21:26 AM »
Hi Juel, just to let you know we're still thinking of Honey and praying that she is back home where she belong's soon.

Take care. xx                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2004, 08:35:42 AM »
I can't beign to imagine how hard it must be not being allowed to see Honey.

I remember when our bunny was in in a critical condition for a week or so - we visited him twice a day - got to see the bits of a veterinary oratice that most don't. It kept us and him going.

But we know how giddy our dogs get when they see us - perhaps it would be just to much for her even though it is so painful for you. I think the hardest thing for you bith would be having to leave her again though so perhaps it is for the best - even though it doesn't feel like it.

Finger's crossed for some more positive news soon.                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Katherine

• Site Member
    • http://www.howellsdesign.co.uk/katherine//
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2004, 04:54:28 PM »
Must feel awful not seeing her but I spose its for the best. Keep thinking positive.
I hope she'll be ok.                    
Katherine and Barnaby

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2004, 06:22:49 PM »
I just had to come back to this thread to see if there was any more news about Honey.

Still thinking and praying for you                    

Offline Gaynor

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2004, 07:45:09 PM »
HI !!

Just thought id let you know that ive just spoken to Juels , Honey was a little better this morning when she phoned the vets , although she wasn't eating , so Juels took her 'favourite' treats/meals to the vets and the were going to try her with them this afternoon.

Juels will probably be online later , to tell you the full story , but at ther moment she wants to keep her phone line free as the 'nurse' said she would ring her and let her know if shed eaten anything !

WE'VE ALL GOT OUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU HON , KEEP ON IMPROVING PLEASE ! +++++ THOUGHTS !!!

Love gayn XXXXXXXXXXX                    
HAVE A LOOK IN MY ALBUM FOR A RECENT PICCIE OF AMBER !!

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2004, 08:06:02 PM »
Hi Gayn!

I'm so glad to hear is Honey is feeling a little better, we're still rooting for her! It's nice to know Jules has a good friend to rely on  in this worrying time :D

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Juel

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2004, 09:49:53 PM »
Hi everyone,

As Gaynor has told you Honey made a VERY slight improvement today but she still wont eat even after i've taken all of her favorite things :(...the vets still didnt want me to see her which as Pammy said would be because they didnt want her to use all of her energy on seeing us & it could distress her more when we left again so i can understand it.
I also agree Pammy that i don't know how i'd cope myself to be honest when i'd have to leave her again it was hard enough today being in the same building & not seeing her......buckets of tears as you can imagine!!!..how did you cope?

They have said that they'll see what tomorrow says as maybe she will eat for me.....she is a funny little madam who is quite insecure & clings to me so my absence must be upsetting her,i worry about my little one so much but i just want to do whatever is best for her.

Thanks for all your concerns,
luv
juels xx

I MUST SAY THAT MY DEAR FRIEND GAYNOR  IS BEING AN ANGEL......I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT YOU BUDDY...LUVS YA LOADS XXXXX                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2004, 10:48:06 PM »
It must be so hard for you, I can only imagine but they are probably right in keeping you apart as hard as it must be :cry:

Everything crossed that she has a good night and that things will start to look up for you both :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline PennyB

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »
Yes I know how you feel about having to leave her, but she's in the best hands. I had to leave Wilf (when he was 5 months old) for a week at the Cambridge vet school without seeing him but they rang me up at least 3 times a day to tell me how he was doing, but I was reassured that he was in the best place.

Hope they get some news soon as to what's really going on.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2004, 07:09:46 AM »
I hope that today brings more improvement so you can actually get to see her.

Get well soon Honey.                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx