Author Topic: BOTTLED WATER  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Snoodydoody

• Site Member
BOTTLED WATER
« on: July 01, 2004, 07:54:38 PM »
Hi all,

We are due to go to the Borders on holiday shortly and would like some advice on giving my 3 cockers bottled water.

My dogs drink 'Yorkshire' water that has been 'Brita filtered' and are used to it but I don't really want to use the tap water up there and filter it, but I have heard that bottled water contains too many minerals, etc.

My golden boy suffered from re-occuring colitis which has now, fingers crossed, been sorted out with a TLC Elisa test and is on perscription food from the vets as is my blue roan bitch who suffers from Irritable Bowel Syndrome.  Both are well now and I don't want to upset their tums again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks

Heather.                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
BOTTLED WATER
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 08:53:54 PM »
I'm sorry I can't help you  :? but my cocker just get's plain old scottish tap water  :)                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
BOTTLED WATER
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 10:00:36 PM »
Hi Heather,
Couldn't you start collecting bottles and fill them yourself with 'Yorkshire, Brita filtered' water  :?:   :D
Other than this, I don't know what to suggest, I don't know about bottled water containing too many minerals. Maybe another member may be able to advise  :D                    

Offline PennyB

BOTTLED WATER
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 12:52:52 AM »
Does water really matter re the colitis as I thought most people were more concerned about food. How do you stop your dog taking sneaky drinks out of puddles or rivers or standing buckets.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline gc

• Site Member
    • http://
BOTTLED WATER
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 09:02:47 AM »
Hi all,

.... but I have heard that bottled water contains too many minerals, etc.
Heather.

well... unless the tap water is contaminated or has elements that are dangerous, I wouldn't worry too much. Usually it's us who have problems with water from different areas/countries. We used to drink mineral water when on holidays the year before the last one, but the area's water contained excessive iron (  :!: well... ) and I wouldn't like to irritate her digestive system or ours ;-) But last year's holidays, she was drinking tap water. If you can drink the water... then give it to them too ;-)

have a nice holidays :-)                    
George.
The truth is out there..... and a cocker can easily find it ;-)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
BOTTLED WATER
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 12:09:47 PM »
Dogs can suffer from changes in water, all depends on their constitution. If you know your pooch has a sensitive tum, then take water from home. If they are OK with changes to water then don't bother.

We don't bother with our two - they are fine - especially as Penny mentions - most dogs take a slurp out of puddles and the such like - not that I'd condone that of course :wink: Ours will drink from anything, fountains, hosepipes, puddles, ditches the sea :roll: usually with no ill effects. :?

I had heard that mineral water can be bad for dogs - but haven't tried it. If it comes out of the tap - they get it :D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
BOTTLED WATER
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 01:02:30 AM »
Have a look at this

http://shopping.guardian.co.uk/print/0%2C3...10206%2C00.html

Suki                    
Caroline and Alfie