Author Topic: 7 week blue roan  (Read 5889 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: 7 week blue roan
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »
Aren't their laws in place with regard to the rehoming for sale of a puppy under 8 weeks old??  Even though this is a rescue centre in effect the puppy is still being sold on because it is a fixed cost with a variable fee applied and not a donation.

The law only applies to licenced commercial breeders - hobby breeders not needing a licence and presumably rescues too would not have to comply with this.
Jane

Offline PennyB

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 11:13:51 AM »
Aren't their laws in place with regard to the rehoming for sale of a puppy under 8 weeks old??  Even though this is a rescue centre in effect the puppy is still being sold on because it is a fixed cost with a variable fee applied and not a donation.

The law only applies to licenced commercial breeders - hobby breeders not needing a licence and presumably rescues too would not have to comply with this.

I've had 6 week old pups here but they didn't leave until 5/6 weeks later. By the time a homecheck etc are sorted then the pup will probably be at least 8 weeks old anyway.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline dreamcatcher

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 11:42:18 AM »
She is just gorgeous, if only she was closer, still only have 1 cocker and would love another ::)
Many tears is a fab rescue centre and Im sure they will do there best for her
TANYA AND SHILOH

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 11:44:06 AM »
I really want her but OH says no  :'(  He hasn't ruled out another dog altogether but he doesn't want another pup so soon after getting Melody  ::)   Men  >:(
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 11:43:26 PM »
 :luv:Shes gorgeous, I soo wish I hadn't looked though :'(  I would love her :-*

Really hoping she finds a loving home soon

Offline dorrit

• Site Member
  • Little Ollie and Little Nell
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 10:01:44 AM »
She is beautiful! But I have to say, she looks bigger and older than 7 weeks? I'm probably wrong but she looks more delveloped than a puppy of 7 weeks :huh:

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »
She is beautiful! But I have to say, she looks bigger and older than 7 weeks? I'm probably wrong but she looks more delveloped than a puppy of 7 weeks :huh:

I thought that too :-\ she does look a sweetie :luv:

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline charliesmum

• Site Member
  • pretty charlie pup
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »
She looks so cute, it be great to have another dog to live with Charlie for company, but ii dont know how he react havwing to share where he lives :D

Offline Gpalin

• Site Member
  • My Baby Floyd
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 09:27:03 PM »
That website had me in tears  :'( (floyd came and gave me a cuddle) how can anyone treat dog's like that its awfull, breeders just getting rid once they have made all there money  >:D I hate them I really do I just wish I could do something it's not fair.

Dog's are loveable creatures and dont cause harm. DOG'S ARE FOR LIFE  >:D >:D >:D >:D
sorry but now the tears have stopped im angry it's horrible. It's scary how many puppy farms there are.

I feel so sorry for the poor scared babys and the toeless doggy I want to home them all.  :'( :'(
Gemma,gorgeous Floyd and cutey Charlie xxxxxxx
www.myspaniel.co.uk
'without a doggy in my world, life would be boring'

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 09:31:40 PM »
I hate them I really do I just wish I could do something it's not fair.

I want to home them all.  :'( :'(

There is something you can do - get a rescue Cav instead of a puppy! Many Tears have ex breeding Cavs in all the time  :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline biggles

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 09:40:33 PM »
ok soap box, I really hate pup farms or breeders trying to make a quick buck, sorry needed to get that off my chest.

Admitedly we wanted to add to our cocker collection overnight, so we searched the country high and wide for a ready to go pup and found one.

The breeder had 30 years experience, gave us 6 months insurance we saw the parents and grand parents and spent a pleasant 2 hours with the breeder and paid the going rate.

But I must tell you i found a lovely sounding irish woman who said the pups were feeding well but had to go and she was reducing her price from 300 to 250. Take my advice if ya get offered a pup under 500 beware please.

Even though we bought at short notice we sought advice from many fronts, my thanks to the lady in towcester.

the final decision was made when the breeder knew Sorbook (Jean Smith) where our last pup came from.

IT PAYS TO RESEARCH :p

As for this PUP awww, please someone give him a happy start :P:P:P:P:

Offline princess

• Site Member
  • elliott is my baby
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 09:47:09 PM »
i was chosen to adopt mojo but elliott isnt neutered but the contract was that i had to have her spayed at 6 months which i would of done so at least 1 out of 2 would of been done   :'(what can i say she would of had a lovely home and been spoilt shes lovely :luv:
paula & elliott

Offline Gpalin

• Site Member
  • My Baby Floyd
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 09:48:51 PM »
I hate them I really do I just wish I could do something it's not fair.

I want to home them all.  :'( :'(

There is something you can do - get a rescue Cav instead of a puppy! Many Tears have ex breeding Cavs in all the time  :D

If I could travel that far I would I promise I have tried the rescue centres close to me but had no luck  :-\

Well done Biggles glad you got that off your chest. WE HATE THEM  >:D How would they feel if they were treated like that  >:D
Gemma,gorgeous Floyd and cutey Charlie xxxxxxx
www.myspaniel.co.uk
'without a doggy in my world, life would be boring'

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 10:01:33 PM »

I hope this little chap finds a good home soon.  Aren't their laws in place with regard to the rehoming for sale of a puppy under 8 weeks old??  Even though this is a rescue centre in effect the puppy is still being sold on because it is a fixed cost with a variable fee applied and not a donation.

by the time this pup wil be re-homed it will be over 8 weeks but to be honest i'm surprised that you interpret this as a sale...call it payment for the vets fee's and board, call it anything you like, but please don't imply they are making money out of their dogs.  I'm sure if any authority ever investigated it would be very obvious that Many Tears aren't making profits out of any of the dogs and every penny is put towards caring for and feeding these poor animals.  I think if you calculated the vet's fee's, the transport involved, the food and the overheads, the fixed 'cost' to the new owner soon disappears and i would not be at all surprised if the cost per dog ends up in the negative for Many Tears a majority of the time.

they have a litter of ringworm ridden pedigree staffy's in as well....which also won't be rehomed until they are well and this won't until well after they are 8 weeks old.
helen & jarvis x

Offline princess

• Site Member
  • elliott is my baby
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 10:17:24 PM »
i will tell you now we wish we could of had her if elliott was neutered.we would of gladly paid the adoption fee and travelled 4 hours or more to wales.
paula & elliott