Author Topic: down below problems  (Read 9825 times)

Anonymous

down below problems
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2003, 01:40:08 PM »
I am trying Mike I promise  ;)  but it isn't easy cos well I love her..  ;D                    

Anonymous

down below problems
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2003, 02:47:49 PM »
;D shes okay  just got vaginitis he reckons caused by a season that is about to start...but who knows...I think he just wanted my money...but at least I am assured shes ok, and he checked her heart etc while I was there aswell which is good always nice to know shes ok..  she had antibiotic jab which will kill off any bugs cos she has slight temp aswell...

he said shes a lovely dog!...  ;D awwwwww and Receptionist liked her aswell... ok I am one happy mummy now...  am taking her back 2 months after her season to be speyed... he said that was best time to allow uterus to go back to normal... but if that isn't best for her can somone let me know   ;)                    

Offline Inca

• Site Member
down below problems
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2003, 03:03:52 PM »
Poor jessie :'( the things females have to go through. Inca sends big hugs and kisses :-* :-* and says get better soon Jessie.                    
Sandra, John and Inca

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
down below problems
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2003, 03:29:06 PM »
That's good news, Lynsey - you can relax now :) I think it is better to spay 3 months after a season (ie mid-way through the average cycle). Two months after a season could mean spaying when Lottie is in the throes of a phantom pregnancy - spaying her then could increase the severity of the phantom :( I think it was Fiona who had this problem when she had Poppy spayed? I'm sure she'll be able to tell you more or you can find the old thread where we talked about it before.                    
Jane

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
down below problems
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2003, 03:31:54 PM »
Glad Jessie's okay  ;D

If I remember right, Jazz was fine pretty much by the next day after her first antibiotic jab. So enjoy the peace and quiet while you can  ;)                    

Anonymous

down below problems
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2003, 03:38:08 PM »
thanks all :D

shes asleep at my feet, being pampered all day is just too much for hr, hubby came home early and has been going aww baby to her, so shes well and truly gone all soppy with all the attention..

notice hubby didn't wanna do an inspection of said infected parts :)                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
down below problems
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2003, 04:47:22 PM »
glad to hear that all is well with Jessie and her bits ;D                    

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
down below problems
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2003, 05:07:32 PM »
As Mike says, I'm sure as the antibiotics kick in she'll be back to her normal self running around like a mad thing.  Poor thing all on her 9 month birthday.  Candy sends lots of   :-*  :-*

L  :)                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline FionaM

• Site Member
down below problems
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2003, 05:53:49 PM »
Hi Lynsey

Glad it's nothing too serious. Hope Jessie feels better soon

That's good news, Lynsey - you can relax now :) I think it is better to spay 3 months after a season (ie mid-way through the average cycle). Two months after a season could mean spaying when Lottie is in the throes of a phantom pregnancy - spaying her then could increase the severity of the phantom :( I think it was Fiona who had this problem when she had Poppy spayed? I'm sure she'll be able to tell you more or you can find the old thread where we talked about it before.

Jane is right I got Poppy spayed 6 weeks after her season on my vets advice, and poor Poppy ended up having what the vet described as "an exagereated false pregnancy" because she had been spayed too soon after her season  :(

Here is the thread that Jane is talking about http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewtopic . php?t=638

Since then everyone that I would consider to be reliable (Jane and others on COL included  ;)) has said I should have waited until 3 months after her season and she would have been fine.

Fiona                    
Fiona & Poppy :)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
down below problems
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2003, 06:45:46 PM »
Poor Jessie  :'(  Sorry to hear that she's not herself, but sounds like she'll be back to normal very soon  :D.  It's always the same - women getting the raw deal  ;D.                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
down below problems
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2003, 07:39:25 PM »
I think it is normal from what I have read in my Book of the Bitch, but I'm sure the others will be able to say for sure.  

Not much use really am I  ???

Had to go and read my book again as I got totally confused  :-[, good job I don't have a bitch at the minute  :-, I think further reading is needed.

Hope Jessie gets better soon Lynsey and I'll leave this type of thing to the experts in future  :-[                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
down below problems
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2003, 08:20:06 PM »
Sorry to hear about Jessie Lynsey - hope she's feeling better soon :-* Makes me glad Dallas had a last minute sex-change ;) We also normally recommend spaying 3 months after a season                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Anonymous

down below problems
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2003, 09:05:25 PM »
now I feel terrible Loraine just reminded me shes 9 months old today... I had forgotten  :o  ??? bad mummy bad mummy  ;D                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
down below problems
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2003, 09:52:21 AM »
Lynsey

So glad everything is ok - I was reading everything at once so it was full on.Giver her a big hug from me and Pheebs.                    
Anita

Anonymous

down below problems
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2003, 11:16:00 AM »
thank you all once again, Jessie is well and truly spoilt rotten now, shes had cuddles after cuddles, even mum and dad rang up to speak to her..lololol.. I dunno where I get my daftness from I really dont  ;)  but I also didn't ealise she turned 9 months yesterday... awwwwww... so I will have to do a 9 month photo for you all sometime, although many have seen her on cam now, usually covering me with sloppy kisses  ;D