Author Topic: Trembling  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Trembling
« on: October 15, 2003, 12:14:49 PM »
Jimmy seems to have started trembling a lot recently. I know it's started to get colder but it's not been really cold yet. He seems to do it a lot when he's asleep or when lying down relaxing, his legs will be quivering away. Also sometimes when I'm giving him a scratch. He's always done it a bit when sitting waiting for a treat or me to get his lead, he'll sit there waiting with one front paw raised shaking away. Whereas that seems to be down to excited anticipation I can't think of an explanation for why he's doing it when relaxed or asleep. Is this normal ?                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Trembling
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 12:20:21 PM »
Lottie twitches and quivers alot in her sleep...I just put it down to her dreaming (of what I hate to think :o ;D)

She also shakes when waiting for her dinner ::)

I doubt it's anything to be concerned about Colin ;)                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Trembling
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 01:30:31 PM »
Sounds normal to me Colin, i had a x yorkie cairn, and she quivered all the time. Nell does a lot of shaking  and Jumping
in her sleep. and she also barks, ::) but she never ever barks when she,s awake.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Trembling
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 01:54:31 PM »
I don't think it is anything to worry about Colin  ::) I think some cockers tend to do it when they are bit excited or aprehensive sometimes ;D
I used to worry about my black and tan bitch Bess sometimes and thought she might be having some kind of fit but she has never had any treatment, it is still going on and she is 11 years old (lives with some friends of ours). ;)                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Jen

• Site Member
Trembling
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 02:29:38 PM »
I don't think it's anything to worry about either Colin - Monty trembles in anticipation of anything, walks, fuss, toys, dinner - and in his sleep too - he always has.....which makes you think he must be dreaming of getting something! ;D - mind you - have notice more trembles in his sleep since he met Jazz ;) :o  ;D                    
Jen & Monty xx

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Trembling
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2003, 06:09:29 PM »
Brook does this too - I like to think hes dreaming about chasing rabbits which he loved to do ;D His eyes twitch, all four legs go and he whimpers. I actually got quite a fright the first time he did it as he does tremble quite violently - guess there must be a lot of bunnies ;)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Trembling
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2003, 06:29:12 PM »
Yep Butty trembles too..usually out of excitement when i come in from work, or she sees the lead  ;D she also does it in her sleep sometimes but her forte during sleep is Howling  :o which frightens the life out of me as its so soulful  :'( it starts of sooooo quite and then builds up getting higher and higher and then she wakes up looking all disorientated  ::)                    

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Trembling
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 03:48:36 PM »
Yep Candy and Georgia do it too esp Georgia in her sleep.  I put it down to dreaming.                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Trembling
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 07:39:28 PM »
::)Seems like this twitching is a cocker thing then ;D                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!