Author Topic: Buttys 1st Season!!!!  (Read 7162 times)

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2003, 02:20:32 PM »
Gilly

Hope Butty is settling down abit and the asprin works. She must be feeling very sorry for herself  :(                    
Anita

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2003, 06:08:32 PM »
She's maybe just got sympathy pains for her Auntie Gill ;) ;D Hope she feels better and that the aspirin helps. Meanwhile tell her to put her feet up with a good dvd and some chocolate(of the doggy variety of course) ;D                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2003, 09:37:30 PM »
Juts to let you all know that Butty seems to be picking up and feeling better as the days gone on  ;) Unfortunately when i got home i realised I only had dissovable Aspirin so she got a spoonful of good old Calpol instead  ;)
She's eaten fairly well too today which is a good sign  :)
She hasn't been fazed by the fireworks at all, thankfully. In fact she's just been out for a number 2  :-X and fireworks were going off in one of the gardens at the back of our house and she just carried on with her business quite happily watching them  ::)
Thanks all for your concern

Gilly                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2003, 09:44:43 PM »
:)Glad to hear shes feeling better Gilly!  Praise the lord for Calpol ;D ;)

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2003, 10:01:39 PM »
Is it ok to give 12 week old puppies calpol do you think ??? ???  Just thought it might help with Jess being a bit poorly you know.                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2003, 10:09:55 AM »
Not having kids I didn't know what Calpol contains but have just checked & its paracetamol which is not recommended for dogs so I would not advise this really. Ibuprofen is another definite no-no as far as dogs are concerned. Aspirin is the only household painkiller I would use for my own dogs but then only for short-term use & in small doses. Don't want to worry anyone but just thought I'd mention this.                    
Jane

Offline FionaM

• Site Member
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2003, 11:14:52 AM »
Not having kids I didn't know what Calpol contains but have just checked & its paracetamol which is not recommended for dogs so I would not advise this really. Ibuprofen is another definite no-no as far as dogs are concerned. Aspirin is the only household painkiller I would use for my own dogs but then only for short-term use & in small doses. Don't want to worry anyone but just thought I'd mention this.

A while ago my dog trainer recommended that I give Poppy half a paracetamol rather than going to the vet for expensive painkillers. That's a bit worrying if it's not even recommended for dogs :- will ask her about it tonight. Thanks Jane :)                    
Fiona & Poppy :)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2003, 12:01:53 PM »
:)Yes thanx Jane for the asprin tip :)  Its handy to know ;)

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2003, 12:11:07 PM »
A while ago my dog trainer recommended that I give Poppy half a paracetamol rather than going to the vet for expensive painkillers. That's a bit worrying if it's not even recommended for dogs :- will ask her about it tonight.

Well you'll find different opinions out there - I've been told by a vet that dogs can't break down paracetamol in their bodies the way humans can but some "veterinary" websites seem to imply a low dose is ok whereas others say definitely don't give it to dogs (or cats of course as its toxic to cats). I doubt a one-off low dose of paracetamol will harm a dog but I think I'll err on the side of caution ;)                    
Jane

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2003, 12:22:28 PM »
The only reason I gave Butty Calpol is because the vets suggested it  :o :- but I think i'll keep aspirin in just in case  ;)                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2003, 06:15:41 PM »
Hi Gilly

So pleased to hear that Butty is feeling better .....  Douglas sends her lots of  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-* and is sorry it took him so long to send them, mummy was away :D :D                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Allison

• Site Member
    • http://
Buttys 1st Season!!!!
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2003, 07:36:50 PM »
Sally was a bit down down last week mid week and although she did not seem to upset by the fireworks a friend said they can behave quite differently the day after. My sister has a cat who slept behind the settee when it was 5/11/03 and never ate food for 2 days after. Took Sally out all the way through her season as the dogs on the field have either been done or are bitches and there are no strays around here so we have not found it such a problem.
Lucky no big dogs came thank god! :)                    
Allison, Neil & Sally.xxxxxxxxxx