Author Topic: "blankie"  (Read 1586 times)

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
"blankie"
« on: June 03, 2005, 06:15:18 PM »
When we gat Barney as a pup our older dog Milly was very wary of him at first and wouldn't let him near her. Barney, instead, fell in love with our Dachshund draft excluder. Now 8 months later it has no ears, only two legs and no stuffing and Barney can always be seen dragging it around with him. I tried throwing it out but he knocked over the bin and rescued it. I put it in a rubbish bag , tied and in a cupboard but he got it back again. If he is anxious such as after going to the vet or when he had his seizures, he would go and look for it to lie on. Do any other dogs out there have an attchment like this?   :lol:

Sue H

"blankie"
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 06:37:41 PM »
When I saw the word 'blankie' I immediately thought of Bramble, who has sort of taken over a travel blanket that we used to use, as his own - it is now very holey and stinky and he trails round with it on like a little Knight's horse if he has been covered up with it!!

He seems to get some comfort from it, although he doesn't NEED to have it (it is in the back of Jeremy's car at the moment for those wet moments coming back home from the river!).

He seems to get settled best on an item of our clothing, like a jumper or something - failing which he will excavate my PJ's from under the duvet, or Jeremy's T-shirt, and snuggle down on that.

They both have favourite toys that they keep on resurrecting (empty lions and camels and other indistinguishable things with the guts removed that have been around for so long no-one can remember what they once were!!) and I think that because of their sensitive sense of smell, they should have things like that which are particularly theirs and don't go through the washer regularly ... (as long as they don't end up on your bed - yeuch !!).

Offline Bo's Mum

• Site Member
    • http://
"blankie"
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 06:51:23 PM »
we got Bo a bed and new blankets and stuff and wat does he lie on a manky old towel! he loves it whenever we try and take it away he goes mental it is really cute tho when he is carrying it round with him everywhere  :P
carly x

Offline Jessie

• Site Member
"blankie"
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 08:44:45 PM »
Jessie has a rat we bought her when she was still with the breeder.  Two years on and she carries it wtih her everywhere!  Same goes for the little blanket we gave the breeder to pick up the scent of her mum before she came home.  When ever we leave her at the dog sitter for a few days, the blanket has to go too :P

Offline paddys mum

• Site Member
"blankie"
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 12:14:50 PM »
Paddy has a big grey fleece blanket that he drags around the house.
He sleeps on it, he brings it upstairs to bed with him, he hides in it, he chews it, he tries to take it to work with him, I think he loves his blanket  :wub: aww! what a cutie!
Nicola, Grace & Paddy xxx

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
"blankie"
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 03:28:53 PM »
We have an old towel by the back door to dry Bella's feet if she's been out in the rain and she has taken a liking to that :rolleyes: she climbs on top of it and goes to sleep or she drags it round while wandering around the house!

She also likes to settle on our things, clothes/slippers etc, she settles and tries to go to sleep on my slippers wherever they are even if they're on my feet and I'm trying to cook or something, everytime I stand still she dives on my slippers :lol: and if there's a pile of washing on the kitchen floor waiting to go in the machine you can guarantee there will be a puppy on top of it! :P