Author Topic: Hiya  (Read 1374 times)

Offline MagicMolly

Hiya
« on: May 06, 2008, 04:29:08 PM »
Hello all

I would like to introduce my little mad manic missile called Molly, oh, and myself of course.  She is a Golden Field Cocker that my son bought me for Christmas 2005.  I am her owner/mummy/slave, whichever fits the mood she is in.
We had previously had a Bobtail (Old English Sheepdog) but at the age of 11 we lost her in 2002.  Losing her was bad enough, but it was worsened by the fact that she was found by my son returning from celebrating his 21st birthday.  The 3 of us wept uncontrollably.  We swore we would never have another dog because losing them was too painful.  After a couple of years of excrutiating heart-ache, we started to talk about owning another dog.  Another Bobtail had been mentioned, but we all agreed the similarities would be too painful and we would be constantly making comparisons.  We wanted something completely different.
Then one day we were at Rufford Abbey in Notts, and someone passed us with a fluffy Caramac bar on legs.  It was sooooo cute that I had tears in my eyes trying to describe it to my son on our return.  We weighed up the umms and arrs and then all went quiet for a bit.  Each time I mentioned dogs, arguments were put forward of why we shouldn't have one. 
A couple of weeks before Christmas, my husband and son went on their normal 'shopping trip to find mum a present coz we can't think what to buy her' outing, or so I thought.  When they came home I was made to sit on the sofa and hold my arms out.  "You've got to have Paul's present now because it will go off if you save it until Christmas Day." I was told.
Expecting a cake, that my son and I had been talking about the previous couple of days, I did as I was asked.  A tiny warm pad was placed in my upturned hand and I opened my eyes to the most beautiful bundle of caramel fluff you have ever seen.  Later, when my excitement had calmed enough for me to speak, I asked my son what made him decide to buy her and her said "Because the house is sad without a dog and I want to see you smile again."  sniff.  She is the best Christmas present I have ever had.
She is now nearly 3, wonderfully clever and totally bonkers.  She's a mad manic missile called Molly and we love her to bits.

some puppy photos if you want to see them are here http://www.gpstudios.co.uk/molly.html

Gill

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
Re: Hiya
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 04:37:35 PM »
What an awesome story and a wonderful son!! Welcome to COL

I'm owned by Ollie a 7 month old golden!!

L&O x

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 04:38:19 PM »
Ah thats a very sad thing to find on your birthday your poor son :'( por all of you, its so hard when we lose our little mates isnt it, we (my family) had 2 old english when i was young, very sad losing them, mum never got another dog and that was nearly 15 years ago! although she has been lumbered with my sis dog now which she wasnt too chuffed about as it a newfy cross  ::)  welcome to COL i hope your enjoy your stay, Molly looks lovely x
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 04:42:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :D

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 04:48:18 PM »
Awwww she is gorgeous  :luv: Welcome to  you and Molly COL, be prepared to get hooked its so addictive, im Kathy and most definately owned by Lucy Blue Roan worker  :shades:

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline ellie doodle

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 06:14:37 PM »
What a wonderful story... I love a happy ending ::) Your little girl is so pretty  :luv:
I'm Joanne - kept on a short lead by Ellie, my almost 3 year old golden girl  :luv:  :luv:

Offline mezzamo

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 09:59:10 PM »
Hi I'm Mary and have Romeo a 2 year old Blue Roan.  What a lovely story..had a tear in my eye..what a fab son you have.  Molly is gorgeous  :luv: :luv: and I am glad she has brought the smile back to you face..I've yet to meet a cocker without that talent  ;)
Mary, Tony & Romeo XXX

Offline beebee

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »
Hi welcome to COL, i'm Barbara and have Maisy a 17 month old black show type :luv:
Enjoy the forum.

Offline Gini

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 06:51:18 AM »
What a beautiful story and wonderful family you have!

Caramac is the perfect description ie just a bit too much  :luv:

My liver roan has recently been described as the same colour as an Oreo biscuit  :005:

I have golden Willow, almost 3yrs and liver roan Bracken 10 months.

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 07:52:33 AM »
What a sad story with a heartwarming ending. I almost felt a little tearful (having an emotional morning!)
Molly is lovely. I'm Sabrina and I have Milo, one year old working cocker.
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 07:57:43 AM »
what a gorgeous working cocker  :luv: :luv: :luv:

welcome to COL  :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 08:23:20 PM »
What a sad beginning but a happy ending.
Welcome to COL.
Your girl is gorgeous. :luv: :luv:
From the Darby family

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 08:53:12 PM »
What a lovely story and a lovely present!

We have golden show cocker called Sam.  He's 15 months old.
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 09:35:48 PM »
Hi and welcome.

Your story is very moving.

Loking forward to hearing more about the manic Molly.

Offline Blondie

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 09:41:19 PM »
What a gorgeous puppy - no wonder you were speachless! Can I borrow your son for a while? :lol2:

Lovely piccies, and heartwarming story too.

Blondie
x