Author Topic: Milbemax Worming  (Read 5765 times)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Re: Milbemax Worming
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 01:55:59 PM »
yep we use milbemax too,in fact my two had theres yesterday a week late :omy fault i bought them at the vets last week and then just forgot about them.they are great no problems at all

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 03:13:51 PM »
We use drontal,but our dogs arnt sick after they have had them

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 04:51:25 PM »
Ben had  horrific side effects to drontal, twitching, wobbling and shaking, i thought he was having a fit!! :o  he was also violetly sick and poorly for a couple of days after.  Our vet switched him to Milbemax and it caused no problems at all.  I only use it every 6mths - not 3 mths and it seems ok for Ben.

Bens mum

Offline willowfaery

• Site Member
    • Bear kisses my bear site
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 05:30:27 PM »
Jet has been on Milbemax sine I have had him and it is once a month until 6 mths then every 3mths.
No side effects to report and touch wood, no worms either.
Hugz
Jules & Jet  :-*

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 08:12:42 PM »
Program plus prevents fleas as well as worming, but not all worms so you'd need to use milbemax once a yar to covr for all as well.

Milbemax is the most commonly prescribed at work, and I've never really heard of side effects - drontal is supposed to be harsher, and panacur seems to not agre with quite a fw, including mine.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Wendy M

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 09:54:58 PM »
We got Milbemax for Hattie a couple of weeks ago, with no probs..  Since she's now 6 months, she only needs 'doing' every 3 months now and our vet took my mobile & e-mail details since he said the Milbemax people would send me a reminder when she was due.  i thought this was a great idea since, as people have said, it's easy to forget these things!!
Wen xx

Offline Dannyt

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 04:45:45 PM »
I forget most things so I dosed Charlie on pay day, might make it easier for me :005:

Offline Allison

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 09:49:18 PM »
Sally was sick off Drontal changed to Mibemax 2 years ago no problems since, highly recommended :D
Allison, Neil & Sally.xxxxxxxxxx

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 12:15:40 PM »
Been to my vets today and she is happy for us to change from Drontal to Milbemax and is gonna get me(well Zak and Strider :005:) some for tomorrow. Hopefully that will be an end to them being sick after worming.
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2006, 10:24:01 AM »
Just to let you know I used Milbemax with Zak and Strider on friday - brilliant - no side effects at all. Will definately be sticking with it. :D
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 03:31:49 PM »
I used Panacur on Paddy and he hated taking it and got the runs from it.  Changed to Milbemax because COL users recommended it and no problems since.

One question though - are all these items only available from the vet?  If not, has anyone found a cheaper source/outlet for them?

Offline Suemb

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 01:04:08 PM »
We were given Milbemax for Lily-May she's had it twice so far with no problems.... she ate her last one like it was a sweetie  :D