Author Topic: Poor Isaac  (Read 1686 times)

Offline angeline

• Site Member
    • http://
Poor Isaac
« on: December 20, 2004, 08:52:02 AM »
I have no idea what he has.  On Saturday night his poo started being a little loos but nothing really to worry about.  Yesterday when I woke up there was diarrea everywhere in the kitchen (poor little Isaac).  All through yesterday and still this morning it has been the same.  It has gotten to be completely liquid and has turned from a brown to a yellow...

I haven't changed anyting in his food, but last night I gave him some chicken and rice and this morning I gave him some rice with a bit of his dry, complete food.

What could it be?
[size=8]Isaac[/size][/font]

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Poor Isaac
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 09:48:32 AM »
Seeing as its been more then 24hrs Id suggest a trip to the vets
Caroline and Alfie

Offline PennyB

Poor Isaac
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 10:41:57 AM »
Seeing as its been more then 24hrs Id suggest a trip to the vets
I agree as you can't be too careful because of dehydration in young pups
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Poor Isaac
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 05:23:21 PM »
:( Poor Issac - hope is ok soon, give him a hug from us x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Poor Isaac
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 07:20:35 PM »
Poor Issac, sorry to hear he's not feeling too good :(  how is he now Angeline??
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Sue H

Poor Isaac
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 08:27:34 PM »
Poor Isaac and poor you Angeline!

Don't be tempted to try him with his favourites - I think the best thing to do is starve him but give hime plenty of water of course - if he is no better tomorrow, definitely take him to the Vet's.  Tummy upsets are sooo common, but there are other bugs that could be bothering him, and when they are small, you can't be too careful ...

Offline LENNYB

• Site Member
Poor Isaac
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 08:46:10 AM »
Just to let you know that my dog Ciara (who's 21 months) is experiencing the very same thing. She's in very good form and still as spritely as ever, but is having diarrhoea. It looks like there is a bug going around. She's been on rice for 24 hours yesterday, with a little improvement, but still not well this morning. I'm starving her today, but if no better by this evening/tomorrow, we're off to the vets. She's still managing to drink and is also hungry........and we're due to fly to Ireland on Thursday (she's supposed to be coming too). Lenny & Ciara.

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
Poor Isaac
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 08:51:29 AM »
my Alfie had diahorrea which was hard to shift he was on chicken and rice but everytime we tried him  back on his usual food  the runs were bac i put him on chappie and he`s been fine since i think he may have had an intollerance to something in his usual food and his stomach could cope no longer with it.
sue baxter and Alfie

Offline angeline

• Site Member
Poor Isaac
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 12:18:34 PM »
I went yesterday to the vets.  She doesn't know what it was but on the way to the vets, he threw up (he never threw up in the car before).  All his food was not digested, it was the rice completely whole.  I am medicating him for the diarrea and it did get a bit better today but he is still loosing some wierd stuff (which I can't figure out from which side it is coming, because I didn't see if he threw it up or of he poo'd it  :blink: )

I really hope he gets better, he is so gassy today.. :(  :(  

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Poor Isaac
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 01:17:57 PM »
be carefull with the boiled rice - only use freshly boiled and cooled. Refrigerating it and reheating can result in food poisoning!
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline angeline

• Site Member
Poor Isaac
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 04:24:28 PM »
This afternoon Isaac seems to much better.  He ate all his food and wasn't picky.  I got Eukanuba for intestinal problems (pup version) at the vets and he has been eating that.  I guess its good bc he seems much better (even though he likes his other food better.. I guess its the difference between a nice, juicy roasted chicken and a non-flavoured boiled chicken :P )

But I think everything will be ok by Xmas  :D  

Offline Dog Mad

• Site Member
  • Einstein
Poor Isaac
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 04:28:48 PM »
Lets hope so.  What are they like getting us all worried like that!

Hope Isaac is feeling better soon.
Debbie, Einstein & Morgan
RIP Bailey 02/11/2009
RIP Tara 10/05/2007

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Poor Isaac
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 05:34:29 PM »
But I think everything will be ok by Xmas  :D
 :) Fingers crossed for you - hug for Issac x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline LENNYB

• Site Member
Poor Isaac
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 11:26:12 AM »
Well.just to let you know that things went from bad to worse with Ciara. I brought her to the vets as there seemed to be no improvement after being starved for the day. She had a very big bleed from her bottom on the way to the vets. She has been at the vets for 2 days and needed steroids, antibiotics, anti-emetics and intravenous hydration. She really was in a bad way. It seemed to come on all of a sudden. Although she had diarrhoea, she was drinking and in brilliant form and jumping around as usual. I feel so bad now for not bringing her to the vets sooner, but usually when her tummy is off, she gets better quickly. She has had severe haemmorragic gastro-enteritis. It was touch and go with her for 24hours, but I am pleased to say that she's come home today and his been given the all clear to fly  to Dublin tonight for Christmas as planned. I know she won't enjoy the flight, but she'll love it once she gets there. Today...she's back to her normal self dashing around the place and generally causing trouble wherever she can. It's a very fine line between sickness and health isn't it? Anyway..Beannachtai na Nollag to you all as we say in Ireland or a very Happy Christmas to all of you who have taken the time to listen to me droaning on. Lx

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Poor Isaac
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 12:22:16 PM »
Poor Ciara :( Sorry to hear that she got so ill so quickly but glad to hear she is now on the mend :)

Wishing you a very happy christmas and lets hope the little one doesnt cause too much meyhem ;)
Caroline and Alfie