Author Topic: Cocker diet  (Read 752 times)

Offline ellehcim

• Site Member
Cocker diet
« on: April 25, 2004, 11:19:56 AM »
I was wondering if anyone can give me a bit of advice on my cocker puppy' diet ?

He is now nearly 13 weeks, the diet which the breeder recommended on his puppy sheet he seems to be going off !

Breakfast - Raw mince with drops of cod liver oil & SA37

Lunch - Beta puppy soaked - this he seems to leave most of it

Dinner - Beta puppy

Supper - Weetabix with lactol - although we now tend to moisten this with warm water

Also we give him some chicken meat and sometimes pigs liver, sometimes a small tin of Pedigree puppy food

Do anyone find their dog goes off this kind of diet, should i try a different brand such as James Wellbelove ?

Any advice will be greatfully appreciated !

Michelle & Ben

:P                    
1st time cocker owner

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Cocker diet
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 07:16:57 PM »
hiya!
i have a 14 week old girl whom i feed JWB 4X daily mixed with a little bit of butcher's tripe she is coming on really well on it and is'nt fussy at all, her coat is very glossy for a puppy and considering she is choc and tan ( they can be a bit wooly) You could try and swap the weetabix for beta and only give chicken and pedigree chum rarely.
Puppie's can learn very quickly to be fusspots! the more choice we give them the more they demand :evil: but their diet is very important at this stage so whatever they eat has to be good quality.
I could'nt be happier with JWB, my other cocker molly is on it and is very healthy it seems to keep the bottom burps at bay to 8)
hope it helps a little, you could always ring the breeder  for a chat too.

lizzy molly and evie.                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie