Author Topic: Grooming Tables  (Read 3420 times)

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
Grooming Tables
« on: August 11, 2004, 07:25:47 AM »
Does anyone know of any good websites where I could purchase a good reasonable price, grooming table that folds flat.  I have a slight back problem and struggled to groom my last cocker on the lounge floor.

Wendy                    
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Grooming Tables
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 08:38:32 AM »
Wendy

I don't know if you show your pup or not, but Molo's breeder said that for a 'pet' dog., it was not worth getting a grooming table - she recommended a pair of rubber car mats, put on the dining table :shock:

Certainly, I have found just in the last few days, Molo is a lot calmer if he is up on a surface when I brush him.                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Grooming Tables
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 09:04:03 AM »
If you really want one but don't want to splash out too much  :wink:  have a look at the free papers (you can search them on the internet)..Loot etc  :wink:  Thats where i got mine  :)                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Grooming Tables
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 09:04:18 AM »
If you intend grooming your Cocker yourself, then a folding grooming table is a good investment, even if you don't intend to show :) I would never recommend anyone try to groom a Cocker at floor level - you'll get terrible backache & the chances of your dog standing still are virtually nil :lol: Snooze N Snack do lightweight, folding tables which are fairly reasonably priced: http://www.denbar-uk-ltd.co.uk/denbar.htm

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Grooming Tables
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 09:15:40 AM »
I began grooming Lottie on our garden table but found this not to be ideal.  Even is you are not showing, they still need regular grooming and the benefits of a proper grooming table are definately worth the investment.  I now don't get back ache as the height is just right, it is very stable and with limited space she can't wonder off and it's too high for her to try jumping off :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline PennyB

Grooming Tables
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 09:47:30 AM »
Jane being a novice at this which are the lightweight fold down tables on the denbar site. Ruby is a real pain to groom on a day to day basis and think something like this would help; however I need something to keep her head still. Do I have to buy the noose and thing that holds it separately as she insists on grabbing her paws every time I try to do them (no matter what I try to coax her otherwise).

At the moment the table I use is too low as Wilf keeps trying to join her on there (as he loves being groomed)                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Grooming Tables
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 10:23:31 AM »
Penny, the nooses are usually extras :wink:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline PennyB

Grooming Tables
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 10:32:47 AM »
Sort of thought that. Do you have to get a clamp or something to attach to the table.                    
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Grooming Tables
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 10:44:29 AM »
If you buy a control post which clamps to the table you usually get a noose with it.                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Grooming Tables
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 11:00:45 AM »
Penny, the lightweight tables on the Denbar site are called "Micros". Yes you'd have to buy a control post separately but you wouldn't want too heavy a one for use with a lightweight table. The control posts come with the clamp part to attach them to a table. I have a very heavy control post which is ok for a big table, but don't think it would suit one of the little, folding tables. As Loraine says, sometimes you get the noose supplied with the control post & sometimes you have to buy one separately - best to shop around for the best deal :)                    
Jane

Offline PennyB

Grooming Tables
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 11:03:54 AM »
Thanks. Have been having a look at that site and see there are some single control posts which I assume should be OK (rather than those that go across)                    
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Grooming Tables
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 09:40:21 PM »
Just found these fold-up grooming tables with control posts included plus free p&p - might be worth a look although I don't know the company (just saw their advert in this week's Dog World):
http://www.giftsforpetlovers.co.uk/acatalo...g_Tables_2.html

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Sandie

• Site Member
    • http://
Grooming Tables
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 08:17:26 AM »
I wouldn't recommend the micro tables for love nor money. I bought one as they were easy to carry around, but as soon as you put a cocker on they become very unstable.

I got mine from Snooze 'n' Snacks and when I explained how unstable it became when I put Wesley on it, they let me exchange it for a more solid one which happens to have a carrying handle.

They might be okay for little puppies, but when the pups get older, an unstable table can really unsettle them.

Apologies to those who thinks these tables are okay, but having had the table fall over with a cocker on it as soon as I turned around to pick up a different pair of scissors, i didn't know who was more in shock, Wesley or me.

This is just my opinion.

Sandie, Aimee and Wesley xx                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Grooming Tables
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 09:53:56 AM »
I wonder whether your micro table was faulty Sandie? I know several Cocker people who use them without any problems, including a mobile groomer as she finds it easy to pop in the car when she's grooming in other people's homes. I've borrowed one myself & didn't find it unstable which makes me think there might have been something wrong with the one you had :?

Jane                    
Jane

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Grooming Tables
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2004, 02:37:36 PM »
I've just been looking at that site, I'm interested in a table with a H post thingy. Can anyone recomend the best size to get? :?                    
Love from Karen and Livvy