Author Topic: SHOES  (Read 954 times)

Offline caroljay

• Site Member
SHOES
« on: April 26, 2004, 12:55:59 PM »
:roll:

Hi Folks ,

Me again . I'm having a nightmare with Coco and his constant eating of shoes . :cry:

To date he has eaten 8 pairs of my shoes , 2 pairs of boots a pair of trainers and one pair of Scotts ( my partners shoes ) .And then this Friday my favourite pair went as well

He is a very clever dog and realises the shoes that are everyday ware are easy to get. The expensive stuff thats in boxes are a challange and therefore better for him to try and get . :wink:

I even bought a large plastic box with a lid - no he sussed out if you put your body weight on it the top collapsed into the midddle and he could get to the shoes . :twisted:

He also knows how to open the wardrobe and no bedroom doors .......... :shock:

Has anyone got any advise as I'm miffed and cannot afford to loose anymore shoes .We are not talking just biting the heels or that we are talking making winter closed in shoes llok like flip - flops . :?  :?  :?

Please help I'm lost and ready to try anything .....ops I almost forgot he destuffed the winter duvet on the bed last week to - obviosly trying to help me spring clean . :o

HELP  :?                    

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
SHOES
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 01:21:15 PM »
Sounds like Coco has run of the house?  Is there anyway you can use a gate to stop him getting access to certain areas?  Hope I'm not jumping conclusions here but all this destructive behaviour sounds as if he's a bit bored.  What do you give him to play with?  I know we've talked about bones, kongs and other such doggy delights when you've posted before but maybe he would play with them if he couldn't get to your shoes.  Also, have you sprayed your shoes with something that he won't like the smell/ taste of to put him off if he does manage to get hold of them?

I feel for you, as I too LOVE shoes so would be getting just as frustrated as you if they were getting ruined.  :x

Loraine  :)                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Hel

• Site Member
SHOES
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 08:45:21 PM »
A friend of mine has a rescue (not a cocker) who is having exactly the same problem.  She was forced to go out last week and buy new shoes - she had NONE left other than the ones on her feet.  

The only way to ensure the safety of your shoes is to keep them well out of reach.  Shut and lock the doors of rooms containing the shoes - you can buy child locks for doors and wardrobes, or put a small bolt on the room door.

He's obviously a mega chewer and you will have to be 100% careful not to leave shoes anywhere he can them.  However, once there are no shoes, he is likely look for other things to chew.                    

Offline tittyfaloo

• Site Member
SHOES
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 09:38:59 AM »
I would put up a childs safety gate to keep him out of the bedroom.

Sam  :D                    
* KEEP SMILING *

Offline Katina

• Site Member
    • Kennel Pretty Flower's
SHOES
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 02:25:58 PM »
I keep all my shoes in the closet. Problem solved  :lol:                    
There's only one, -but that one is a lion