Author Topic: Cat poo  (Read 2018 times)

Offline PennyB

Cat poo
« on: August 21, 2003, 01:38:28 PM »
My new pup (12 weeks) and his partner in crime Ruby will not stop digging up the cat's poo and then munching on it (usually in the sitting room). I have the only cats who seem to poo in their own garden—poor things never get any privacy 1st thing as are watched by my 2 vultures who then descend on the garden to have hors doevres before they have their breakfast.

Even if I take the offending articles of them and put them inside while I try to remove as much poo as I can find they still run back into the garden as if I've stolen their favourite bone.

Any ideas of how to stop them eating it. They're both on complete dog food (Wilf on Royal Canin mini junior puppy food and Ruby's on Pascoes organic gluten free stuff) so I don't think there is anything missing from their diet.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Cat poo
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 03:29:45 PM »
I'd be interested in hearing any solutions to this one!  Candy and Georgia have just (this week) discovered the joy cat poo as well!  :-  How disgusting are they??  ???                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Cat poo
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 03:30:28 PM »
Penny

I've had exactly the same problem ::). My cat uses her own garden (I think because we moved house, bigger garden, not sure of surroundings etc).

Phoebe would make a bee line for the area and we just kept up the no and telling her off (severly)!!!! until she got the message. She also used to eat poo when on her walks. With a consistent approach she soon learnt to leave it well alone (or risk getting told off). She never bothers with that part of the garden now (unless she's chasing the cat - with me shouting at her her and chasing her) :o

Good luck ;)                    
Anita

Offline Jenney

• Site Member
Cat poo
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 06:08:00 PM »
I don't think there is a cure for this, Jake is nearly 5 months now and nothing satisfies him more that stealing cat poo out of the litter tray, he tries to look innocent but the dust on his nose & big paw prints give him away.....and then he wonders why no one wants a kiss!                    

Offline Karen

• Site Member
Cat poo
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2003, 02:18:06 PM »
I'm sorry but I have to chuckle at this one! I'm soooo glad it's not just my dogs that do it! Cat poo must be a real treat for dogs!?! How disgusting are they!!! Mine do it and then know they get their teeth brushed and mouths washed if I catch them but it still seems to taste so gooood! :P                    
Kazza, Blue, Tia & Ollie xxx

Offline FionaM

• Site Member
Cat poo
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2003, 02:55:19 PM »
Poppy has recently developed a taste for cow-pats :P Her agility class is held in a field with cows in all the surrounding fields and the place where we park our cars is covered in big cow-pats. As soon as i get her out of the car she's on a mission to munch as many as she can on her way to the field :P I've not been able to stop her so far >:(                    
Fiona & Poppy :)

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Cat poo
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2003, 12:20:47 PM »
:D I'm glad I haven't got any cats!! Linda ;)                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Cat poo
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2003, 12:30:23 PM »
Me too, must be somthing to do with gundog breed

cos my

Lab used to eat poo as well. :-X thankfully Nell doesnt.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline PennyB

Cat poo
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2003, 11:13:37 PM »
Wilf's now started on Ruby's poo. I couldn't believe it when I was out walking the other day and Ruby began going to the loo and so I was faffing round trying to get the poo bag out of my pocket and tiny Wilf had this gleeful expression as he watched the poo come out as he couldn't wait to get into it. Its all really disgusting really (but at least I can make a start with feeding Ruby pineapple to try to put him off this habit—I say try as I'm not hopeful).                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Cat poo
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2003, 03:24:18 PM »
;D Oh great Taliska's discovered cat poo as well, just when we thought we were getting the hang of stopping him eating his own....                    
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino

Offline Lucy West

• Site Member
Cat poo
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 04:23:11 PM »
My dog, Toffee, loves our cat's poo, too.  Encouraged by all these postings, I think I'll give up scolding her and just let her enjoy her 'treat' (?!).