Author Topic: Bed wetter!  (Read 1458 times)

Offline marion

• Site Member
Bed wetter!
« on: January 05, 2004, 01:46:47 PM »
Hi there. This is my and Ollies first visit - Ollie is 11.5 months blue roan (castrated) boy.  He's our first dog and we've had him since 12 weeks.  He's been really great up to now - potty training etc. all went smoothly and no accidents since he was 6 months old - UNTIL the last couple of weeks!  He's crate trained and although he had been sleeping in it at night with the door open, we started locking him in recently as he had been barking a bit in the middle of the night and he seems to feel more secure in there.  But this has coincided with him weeing in his bed, not every night but quite a few over Christmas.  He can hold on all night, I know he can, he's done it many a time.  Could this just be the upheaval of Christmas or does anyone have any other ideas.  i would so appreciate a bit of advice as its driving me mad - all that extra washing plus he doesn't smell too great himself after lying in it!    :?                    

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Bed wetter!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 07:08:51 PM »
Hi Marion!

Welcome to COL  :)

Some cockers can go through an "adolescent" stage whereby they seem to regress to infant/puppy behaviour - ie forgetting simple commands and having "accidents".
The best thing to do is to go back to basics with him perhaps - re-inforce that outside is where he should "perform", ensure you praise him when you see him go outside etc - just like you did when he was a puppy.
Obviously this will be difficult at night when you are asleep!! But doing it during the day etc may hopefully cease the problem.

Maybe the others might be along shortly with some more advice for you
 :)

K                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline marion

• Site Member
Bed wetter!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 08:59:28 PM »
Hi Kelly thanks for the advice which I will try out.  Your photo is beautiful - I take it thats Millie - Ollie is much curlier even since before neutering - in fact he has been accused of wearing a footballers wig before now!                    

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Bed wetter!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 05:31:17 PM »
Hi Marion,

yes that's the "Milster" - she says thankyou very much for your lovely comments and sends her bestest cocker kiss, as well as a sly "see mum, told you everyone loves me" sideways glance at me as she trotted off into the kitchen with my socks in her mouth ..  :D                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Bed wetter!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 02:26:59 PM »
Hi Marion

Apart from what Kelly has said, another thing could be if Ollie is having a drink later than usual.  You may be doing this already but you could restrict his water after a certain time just in case this is causing the problem.  

Loraine.                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx