Author Topic: Biopsy Results In For Vegas.......  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Biopsy Results In For Vegas.......
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 07:04:48 PM »
what about full fat goats milk? .
[snapback]132388[/snapback]

Edited to add: woohoo - I've sussed the double quotes :D
[snapback]132477[/snapback]

You've got one up on me then, I've still not sussed it :rolleyes:

So glad the results are fine Gill ;)  
Mary & Lottie x

scoobie

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 09:20:24 PM »
Gill so glad that the results are good  :)

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 09:42:11 PM »
Glad to hear the results are nothing horrid :D .  Good luck with the diet change, sounds like he will be getting better meals than I feed my hubbie. :lol:
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline Laura

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 08:20:32 PM »
Hi Gill - Stranger out of hiding  :D (for 5 minutes)  Was just having a quick trawl through the 35 pages of posts and saw this one - I am really pleased that all Vegas's tests have come back negative. :D   Sending him a big hug.  Back into hiding again now  :lol: will drop you a pm as soon as I get a chance!
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline fi61

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 08:24:53 PM »
So pleased to hear the results were negative, good luck with the diet

Fiona, Milly & Lucy :rolleyes:

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2005, 10:06:19 PM »
Honestly, these dogs are going to have me grey by the time I'm 30 :rolleyes:

Took more blood from Vegas yesterday to recheck his kidney levels which were elevated in the last one. Decided to do a comprehensive profile again but wish I hadn't bothered :rolleyes:  Kidney levels now fine but we now have the following abnormalities: low globulin, high ALT, high GGT, high ALKP, high phos, high sodium(increased since the last test), and low platelets. Now the funny thing is that the comment on the bottom of the report was "test results unremarkable" :unsure: The vet is going to call the lab on Monday morning to find out if we should be testing for anything other than what we already have been doing because they are stumped!!  I also asked them to do a total t4 test on the blood submitted to check thyroid function(not that i think thats what the problem is) and should have those in beginning of the week.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 10:52:12 PM »
Gill, sorry to hear that Vegas results are still inconclusive  :unsure: I really hope they get to the bottom of this soon, can't imagine you with grey hair  ;)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2005, 11:39:41 AM »

Gill so sorry that yet again you are faced with the unknown with Vegas  :( Hoping that the lab can throw you some light next week!!  Thinking of you!!  Everything still crossed that all your news is good!!!
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Penel

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2005, 11:26:59 AM »
Remember that if there is anything wrong with him, that the Free T4 could well be low anyway - its referred to as non thyroidal illness - or euthyroid syndrome.

How weird that the lab wrote tests unremarkable - they don't sound unremarkable to me - he did have an ACTH test didn't he ?

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2005, 05:42:02 PM »
It goes on and on doesn't it Gill? :rolleyes:   That was all double dutch to me but I do hope it's nothing to give you grey hairs ;)
Mary & Lottie x

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2005, 08:15:50 PM »
Remember that if there is anything wrong with him, that the Free T4 could well be low anyway - its referred to as non thyroidal illness - or euthyroid syndrome.

How weird that the lab wrote tests unremarkable - they don't sound unremarkable to me - he did have an ACTH test didn't he ?
[snapback]134877[/snapback]

Yes, he had an ACTH stim test and that was ok. The post ACTH test result was quite a bit below the ref range but it had obviously risen enough to rule out Addisons.  

The thyroid results came in and was all within normal range. Tomorrow, he will get a bile acids test, pre and post feeding which will determine true liver function. Poor boy will be resembling a pin cushion at this rate :rolleyes:  And needless to say, nobody from the lab got back to us today :rolleyes:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2005, 11:59:25 AM »
So sorry to see all this Gill.

Do hope you can get to the bottom if it all soon.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2005, 09:16:02 AM »
Ok, final update on this (cos I'm even boring myself silly with it all :P ). Vet spoke to the lab yesterday for ages - basically all the abnormalities that have come back on his samples aren't of any real significance. She did however advise us to check his blood glucose instead of relying on the result within the comprehensive biochemistry package as that is not altogether reliable (fills you with confidence eh :rolleyes: ). So I'm going to nip him round to work in about 5 mins to have that done and to test another urine sample. If those two results are fine, then she thinks it would be worthwhile to feed him little and often instead of two larger meals incase he is having difficulty processing larger amounts of food and see if that helps.

I also found TopLife formula in Tescos which is goats milk for dogs. I only bought a few to see if he would be able to tolerate it (which he can) and he LOVES it :D  The cartons are only 200ml so he has one split up over the course of the day. Needless to say, went back to get more and all sold out!! Can you just use the stuff for humans instead?

Penel

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2005, 09:49:38 AM »
How bout the stuff I posted about in another thread about the elderly cat.... Liquivite, Nutriplus Gel - that sort of thing, which is complete meals, vitamins and minerals, in a liquid or a gel...

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2005, 10:25:04 AM »
Hiya Gill

Sorry to hear things are no further on :(   Yes as far as I know you can give dogs just normal goats milk, Indie has this all the time, I put a dot of natural honey in it too :)