Author Topic: Bee stings and a brave girl  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Bee stings and a brave girl
« on: August 10, 2004, 08:59:46 AM »
Tilly was stung on the tongue by a bee on Sunday  :(  ouch!  The emergency vet was very impressed that she let him take the sting out of her tongue without sedation.  She was very brave and I'm sorry I ever called her a wimp  :oops: !  

In my panic I forgot to ask the vet whether Tilly is likely to suffer any form of sensitisation to bee stings following this experience.  Thankfully she did not suffer any allergic reaction.  Does anyone know whether, having been stung once, she might suffer a worse reaction should she be stung in the future?  I seem to remember reading somewhere that this might be the case.

Sue and a very brave little Tilly                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 09:19:36 AM »
Wow...she was very brave letting the vet remove it like that.

I'm always catching Lottie playing with bees :shock:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 09:20:38 AM »
What a brave girl Tilly, Can't offer any advice but does anybody else seem to think that the numbers of buzzy insects around has increased, we have had loads :shock:

Michelle                    

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 09:35:50 AM »
Brave Girl Tilly!

We have a garden covered in clover, and the bumble bees are all over it.....so I'm guessing its only a matter of time                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 09:37:03 AM »
What a brave girl! :D   What a horrible place to get stung  :?   Hope you're okay now and steer clear of bees from now on  :wink:  :lol:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 09:50:58 AM »
What a brave girl Tilly :D  Nell loves wasps and bees, she thinks there great fun, spends a lot of time waiting for them to land, so she can smack them one, with her paw, and then eat them.  :shock:  One of these days i'm sure she's going to get stung.  :?

Michelle, i agree there seems to be loads around here, i think they must have decided to  congregate in the North West.  :lol:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 01:44:19 PM »
We're seeing rather a lot down here too.  Danny tries to catch them, but is thankfully too slow, Ollie has yet to discover this past time.  Hope Tilly is feeling fine now. :)                    
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline Juel

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 11:51:12 PM »
Poor Tilly....i hope your tongue gets better soon...sorry i have idea whether she could react more if she gets stung again...but this is a dread of mine Harvey has been really lucky so far....he's always after them!!

We seem to be invaded in the West Mids too....loads of them this year,i have quite a lot of Lavender in my garden & they seem to be VERY attracted to that!!
luv
juels&harvey xx                    

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 12:25:35 PM »
The S. Wales Echo ran an article yesterday about how there are lots more bee swarms around than usual, and how there have been loads of attacks.  Not a nice thought! :(                    
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!